Audio jumps to playhead position or cannot be moved [SOLVED]

KJD

Third try with this question, seems as though I've stumped this group and there is no answer. When I try to move an audio region, it either won't let me move it around in the track or or it jumps to the current playhead position, on top of other parts of the audio. I've checked every possible thing I can find, and searched Google. Hoping someone might have an answer here.

Thanks,

KJD

What is your Snap mode set to (top right of the Tracks area, in the Tracks area menu bar)? Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.7)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.9.3)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)

• Memory (e.g. 2GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. Presonus AudioBox USB)

• MIDI Controller manufacturer and model (e.g. M-Audio Axiom Pro 49)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

Hi David,

My system signature has been completed. The snap mode is currently set to "Off". I was finally able to move the audio. I had set the start point to 9:23 instead of 1.1.1.1, and I when moved it back I could move the audio. What I don't know is WHY this is the case. I would think that simply moving the start point would NOT adversely affect certain tracks (and it was only certain tracks, not all!). Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Kole

Hi Kole,

What I can tell you is that moving the song start point is buggy in Logic. I always suggest you keep your start point at 1 1 1 1, always, no exceptions. That's what I do. The instant you move it, back or forward, all sorts of problems arise.

I'm glad you figured this out and it fixed your issue.

Archived