Track won't bounce in Logic X 1.1

tdrozda

Hello...I am using Logic X 1.1 on a 2013 IMAC ...I have produced dozens of projects with no problems...but I'm now having difficulty bouncing my latest project to either MP3 or WAV files. For some reason, a single MIDI track/region (lead guitar--software instrument) drops out of every attempt to bounce the project. The guitar simply is not being bounced along with the other files. This happens when I bounce Offline or In Real Time. All the other tracks bounce properly.

The funny thing is that , when I bounce in real time, I can hear the lead guitar and I can see the volume register on the channel track meter....as the project bounces...but when I bounce to MP3 or WAV files, the lead guitar does not sound.

I have validated that the file is in Solo...eliminated all automation on the track and tried everything else I can think of ...what could possibly be wrong with this file? ...or my settings....tom

Thanks for the response...

I indeed was able to Bounce in Place the original guitar track. After bouncing, the new audio file appeared ok--it played along with all the other tracks with no problem as a logic file.

Having bounced the MIDI lead guitar file converting it to an audio file, I bounced the whole project to WAV and MP3...but the result was the same as before....all tracks sounded thru to the monitors/phones EXCEPT tthe lead guitar track---just like before.

There must be something on that track your not seeing. Can you test a new project and import from this one and see what is going on? I'd look carefully at everything on that track, automation, effects, output settings etc. Somewhere in there is either the answer or you may have some sort of corruption I would think.. Maybe try creating a new clean track and carefully copying the basic elements of your stuck track over and bounce to see if it will work.

I'm not exactly sure, but I believe my original MIDI track file or the plug-in itself (or the automation files) were somehow corrupted. In the end, I reconstructed the channel strip setup AND re- recorded the MIDI notes--in a new track,muting and eventually deleting the original track.

While the final setup appeared to be identical to my original in every aspect....the new one bounced...the original would not bounce--no matter what I changed. So, a valuable lesson learned--sometimes its faster to redo a track than to waste days trying to figure out why a version won't work. Thanks to the those whole helped with this!....tom

• 1 year later...

Archived