Buying new Macbook Pro! Help needed!

Hi everybody! I've been working with fl for 5 years now and the time has come to finally switch to logic! I'm thinking of buying the basic MBP with 4GB ram and a 2.5ghz Intel i5 and 500Gb harddrive! Im thinking of upgrading it to 8Gb DDR3 Ram, 2.9 Ghz Intel i7 and 1TB harddrive? Is this overkill or pretty good for logic pro x? Please anwser fast! Take care!

Cheers!

-Sebu

It depends on what you are going to do with it. It should be fine for most applications. I personally would up the memory to 16 gig and go with the faster CPU. Always better to buy the best you can afford at the given time. I would go with a SSD Drive though. If you are handy you can order the memory through another vendor rather than Apple and install it yourself. Apple tends to be on the pricey side. I would also plan to buy an external drive to record your audio to and another one for backups. Like I said, it depends on what you are going to do and how deep you want to go. If you are are just going to record a little and get your feet wet then what you posted would be fine.

+++++ on doing the upgrade, I am using the config just suggested and I find it "ok"...get the ram and the ssd, you will not regret it at all...over the lifetime of computer you will not notice the extra cost, however you will for sure notice not having done it...I'm "still" using my 2011mpb 8/10 hrs a day with no complaints/regrets...oh, ps. a real big second vid display is real nice too.../s~