New Forum Support (sign in, posting, replying, searching...)

Hello all, welcome to the new Logic Pro Help forum. We have migrated to a new software that brings us new and improved functionality to our community. 

For the most part the new forum should work pretty much the same as the old one, however if you're experiencing any issues for example with:

• Signing in
  • Posting
  • Replying
  • Receiving notification emails
  • Anything else...

Do feel free to reply to this topic or message me directly (click here) and I will help you. If you have any feedback on the new forum or think of something that could be improved upon, feel free to share it. 

PS: @fisherking had started an unofficial topic earlier regarding the new site which contains a lot of useful tips and tricks, here is the link:

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, cleamon said:

I really like the little "N years later", "N months later", etc.  banners

Yup, a little detail that really help seeing at a glance when a post is made in an older thread. I also like the blue line "Unread posts" to continue a thread where I left it off. 😃

• Like 1

Hey David,

I just posted in a thread and attached two PDF's. I was trying to get them inserted so they would appear when viewing my reply instead of as downloadable attachments but couldn't figure it out. How do you do that please?

Also, can you give some direction on how members post the short screenshot animations/videos that show mouse movement and software responses? Do you need a third party app for that or is there already a way with built-in Mac software? Thanks.

Dave...

3 hours ago, MasonHamlinCC2 said:

I was trying to get them inserted so they would appear when viewing my reply instead of as downloadable attachments but couldn't figure it out. How do you do that please?

Hi Dave, you can just drag and drop your PDFs. You'll get an alert that the format is unsupported, meaning that the PDFs won't be embedded in your post, but you can ignore that alert and keep going, and the PDFs will be added as downloadable documents. 

3 hours ago, MasonHamlinCC2 said:

Also, can you give some direction on how members post the short screenshot animations/videos that show mouse movement and software responses? Do you need a third party app for that or is there already a way with built-in Mac software? Thanks.

You will find the instructions there: 

7 minutes ago, MasonHamlinCC2 said:

Got it, thanks. Also, the link for the GIF animations is what I was looking for. Thanks David.

You're welcome. As for your PDF, the best way I can think of would be to take a screen capture with one of the screenshots I shared in the same link. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, polanoid said:

Has anyone noticed the ads in this forum becoming more and more annoying? How can I make this one a bit smaller, for example? Hardly leaves any usable space for following the discussion...

Really sorry about that! I've never seen this. Is that appearing at the very bottom of your screen? That should never happen. You should see only very short ads (large but not tall) at the very bottom of the screen, and they should not cover the content like that. 

I'll report it. Thanks for pointing it out. 

Any other annoying ads let me know and I'll remove them. 

13 minutes ago, David Nahmani said:

Really sorry about that! I've never seen this. Is that appearing at the very bottom of your screen? That should never happen. You should see only very short ads (large but not tall) at the very bottom of the screen, and they should not cover the content like that. 

I'll report it. Thanks for pointing it out. 

Any other annoying ads let me know and I'll remove them. 

Yes, at the bottom of the screen. Usually I only get ones that are rather wide than high, so they are less annoying, but the Pulsar Audio one was bad ;) . BTW there are also ads on the right hand side of the screen, but those are less intruding because they don't cover any actual content.

• Like 1

Just now, polanoid said:

BTW there are also ads on the right hand side of the screen, but those are less intruding because they don't cover any actual content.

Yes the sticky ad unit in the sidebar is normal, but as you said that one shouldn't cover any content. I've reported the one at the bottom, it should never be a tall ad like this, hopefully this was just a one time mistake. If you get any other annoying ones, definitely let me know. 

Just now, des99 said:

on the top level "Home" button (black bar, Home Forums Blogs) I'm back to getting no permissions to display that page again...

Thank you for reporting. You shouldn't even see that "Home" link in the navigation bar. This will be fixed in a few days. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, polanoid said:

How can I make this one a bit smaller, for example? Hardly leaves any usable space for following the discussion...

Ok this should now be fixed, a filter was put in place to prevent any ads that are taller than 100px. You may want to Shift-reload the forum page so that you can refresh your browser cache for our website. 

• Love 1

Is anybody using this forum on an iPad or iPhone and also noticing that, when trying to scroll from the end of a long thread to the first post on the top of the page, Safari automatically scrolls to the end again at some point? Really annoying. Is this because of some ad that pops up? Does anyone know a workaround?