Rewire Not Working in LPX: No Playback, No Instruments

Troove

Hello everyone,

this is my first post here and I would like to thank you in advance for any ideas on how to solve my problem. I already did a search on the forum and found other threads regarding rewire issues in LPX, but none of them correspond to my situation:

I am running LPX 10.0.5 on Mac OsX 10.8.5.

I have Reason 7.0.1 installed as well as Logic Pro 9, PT10 and PT 11.

I am running the latest rewire version officially released (tried rewire v.1.8.1 that comes with plogues bidule, but it won't work at all with reason for me)

Here's the problem.

When I try to run LPX with reason in rewire mode, reason shows up and states in it's "hardware" interface that it is in rewire mode. However the tempo defaults to 120BMP in reason and doesn't reflect the tempo in logic. When I start playback in Logic, Reason does not play along. When I try to add new external midi tracks, Reason does shows up in the library, but none of the fx or instruments loaded in the reason song are showing up. So basically rewire is not working / no sync.

I have checked that LPX has rewire enabled and that Reason is running in 64 bit mode. I tried all of the different rewire options in LPX.

The Strange thing is, that Reason works fine on my system when Rewired to Logic Pro 9, PT 10 or PT11. I only can't get it to work with LPX.

Any ideas?

regards

Troove

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I figured out what caused the problem. It seems that the eucon software protocol and rewire don't work well together. I found a thread on the avid pro audio forums http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=342624. I'm not the only one having the problem. For now the only solution is to uninstall the eucon software. Without eucon Reason rewires correctly to logic x. A bit of a bummer as I would like to use my artist mix with logic x. Hope avid will fix this soon with a software update. Hope this helps anyone having a similar problem.

best regards

Troove