Flatten Track Stack

Jay Denson

Flatten Track Stack

I make a summing track stack - let’s say it makes Sum 1

Then I flatten it (which I thought was deleting the stack and reverting the constituent tracks to their original state)

Sum 1 disappears from the track list in Arrange window

But I still have Sum 1 in the Mixer window except Sum 1 has now moved to the end near the Output fader. And it still controls the tracks.

Does anyone know why this happens?

What I want is a consistent way to undo a track stack if I decide I don’t want it.

Can anyone help?

TIA Jay

The manual says:

When you flatten a summing stack, the audio subgrouping is retained, unless there is no audio processing on the main track aux (no plug-ins, volume fader set at 0 dB, Pan/Balance set to neutral, and no automation data). In this case, all subtracks (or their audio subgroups) are routed to the Stereo (or Surround) Main output, and the main track Aux is deleted.

Sorry to say it does not. It does what I said in my earlier post. And then I have to re-assign the original tracks to the stereo bus before I can delete the summing bus (which has moved to the end by the output fader).

What I want is a consistent way to undo a track stack if I decide I don’t want it. And if I have made changes in the bus - fader or plugins, etc - I'd like a prompt asking do I want to delete it anyway or not?

I hope I am making sense.

TIA Jay

Jay, as per our forum rules, please click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.5)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.9.1)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)

• Memory (e.g. 2GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. Presonus AudioBox USB)

• MIDI Controller manufacturer and model (e.g. M-Audio Axiom Pro 49)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

It does what I said in my earlier post.

Same here.

J.