Directory Not Found Result Code = -120 [SOLVED]

bryanwilsoncello
Go to solution Solved by dr,

Hello, I'm running Logic 9.1.8 on a 2014 Macbook Pro and I'm getting two error messages almost every time that I press play. I get " Directory Not Found Result code = -120" and "Fade Update Failed (Error -120)." Stuff has been a bit buggy since I transferred to my new mac a couple months ago, I'm wondering if I should just upgrade to Logic Pro X. Any help with these errors would be much appreciated! Thanks.

• 9 months later...

Any idea why I might be getting this issue. I am printing audio and if I need to delete an audio file I get that error message. I went into the drive and noticed that when logic writes the audio files it writes them with odd permissions.

Owner is my Username

Group is Admin

Owner has only Read and Write access

Group and Everyone have only Read access

I have changed the permissions so everything is root admin read write execute.

However all new audio files have the permissions I listed above. I have tried manually changing them and then trying to delete the file in Logic. Still I get the same error. The region will disappear and it will be gone from the project bin but the file is still on my hard drive.

Im not sure if you are referring to what it is mapped to in the audio preferences. I dont see this option in Logic X unless it has been moved somewhere else...

However it is a bit of a mess since I re-saved after changing the drives.

/Volumes/External 2/Music Archive/OSX SONGS/2013/12-5-13/HHU (NEW)/12-5-13 HHU LPX/Audio Files

Yeah, your first question triggered that idea...however unfortunately it didn't resolve the issue.

For some reason Logic is writing strange permissions to the audio files it records. I'll test another session and see if it does the same thing.

What permissions should it be writing?

Are there preferences for Logic I should delete?

It is an issue with the new Hard Drive. I moved the sequence to another drive and it is fine so it is the new hard drive. Is there some reason that this sort of issue can happen with a new HD? I bought a 3TB WD Caviar Black because I wanted a high quality drive. Is there something better?

I use an SSD for my Boot drive but I really wanted something with more space for my projects...

It is GUID Partition map...I used Disk Utility to partition the drive and I copied the Backup from my Time Machine drive since the original drive was too slow to transfer anything.

I didnt go into options to partition it so it defaults to GUID. I was going to return the drive for a WD RE 4 TB Enterprise Hard Drive.

I assume I cannot change the GUID map at this point?

BTW all of my drives are GUID Partition table, even the drives that work.

Does it need to be GUID if it's over 2 TB?

Regardless I just ordered a WD Enterprise Drive. Let me know if you have any drive recommendations.