Audio Glitch while arming/record on Logic Pro 9

ienabellamy

Hello guys. I'm really sad, i'm using Logic from about...4 years i think.

My configuration is simple:

- Mac Pro 1.1 with 7200RPM hard disk and 8GB of RAM.

- Logic Pro 9 buyed original.

- Snow Leopard OS

- Echo Audiofire 12 as audio card with latest drivers.

The problem is simple and don't let me to to work:

simply i can't record (neither arming tracks) anything because the system glitch. I'm not using any plugin or vst, i use Logic as recorder in this moment... with my external gear and using Logic only to arm tracks (12 inputs of my Echo Audiofire)

So, i've 8 Audio Tracks open on my logic, without plugins, without everything, only 8 simple stereo/mono tracks... Latency is 256.

I start to arm tracks, play START on my MPC 2500 and...... GLITCH ! the audio GLITCH ! I can't understand WHY !!!

I tried also 512of latency and 1024 but the problem is the SAME !

Same thing on ABLETON doesn't happen !

On Ableton i can arm and records simultaneously up to 12 track (all inputs of my Audiofire 12) without any GLITCH on 128MB of buffer ! it's incredibile how garbage is Logic !!

My Mac Pro isn't enough strong ? is it a joke ?! Logic is a s#!+ guys... i can't find another answer.... maybe someone has an idea how to fix ? i don't want learn Ableton... it took me 4 years to study Logic and understand that piece of s#!+... i'm really sad.. can't work !

p.s. the really strange thing is that if i don't create any audio tracks, Logic goes perfectly ! i can open up to 6-7 VST (huge vst) on a 128MB of buffer and everything works like a charm !!!!

So the problem is about ARM/RECORDING external gear.....system glitch at any latency !

p.p.s I'm using Logic in 32 Bit mode, but tried of course also the 64 bit mode version..... no good results...same shitty situation.

When you say "Glitch" do you mean the audio drops out if the playhead is running and you press record? If so, this happens to me, and I've read somewhere (on this forum?) that this is just the way Logic is.

Happy to be proved wrong though.

When you say "Glitch" do you mean the audio drops out if the playhead is running and you press record?

No ! i know the problem you mean.. i read it on this forum to search problems similar to mine..but it s different... i'm using logic as multitrack recorder.. for all my machines... i don t use vst or any sync...

i click on 'R' on all audio tracks (12 inputs) and i have artefactas about 10 seconds later, and they will not stop..they are persistent...

And it happens not only while start the recording, but also when the tracks are only armed for listening !

For 'glitch' i mean the classic audio with artefacts (for giving you the idea i mean for example when you try set 64mb of buffer latency on old computer, that disgusting sound..... crrrrr shhhhttt tzzzzz....the classic sound when you have your buffer latency too low ! but i have 1024mb !!! and of course the specs of my Mac Pro are fine ! )... this happens on arming tracks...and of course while recordings.

If i create only a stereo track (1/2 inputs) and i arm enable it...the sound is ok.... i start to adding recs tracks and then i have this problem ! so i guess it's really a problem that Logic can't records on a Mac Pro 2-3 tracks at once ??! it's impossible and incredibile...it's for sure something else...

the strange thing is that this thing occurs occasionally.... i mean...very often...but not always.. :(

strange things is that using 10 vst tracks (trillian, ominisphere etc...) of huge vst the system goes like a charm ! no glitch... no aborts.... and all of this at 128mb of latency ! unbelievable !

Of course i tried to reinstall the Echo Audiofire 12 drivers...but the interface works well..on ableton works perfectly ! i don't want use Ableton !

Hmmm,

Could you open the CPU history window in Activity Monitor and try again - just to check if it IS CPU or if it is something else.

Also, could you download Soundflower and see what happens with input from that source?

Out of ideas apart from that...perhaps it is compatibility between the soundcard and logic?