Comping error -Track Protected

Davelake

Hey all,

When I record a new audio track over an existing one the comping feature works as normal until I try to select another take. I get an error message that tells me to turn off the track protect button. However the track protect button isn't on.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure what your issue is, but knowing more about your system could help pinpointing the culprit. Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.2.0)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS X 10.10.5)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)

• Memory (e.g. 8GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. Presonus AudioBox USB)

• MIDI Controller manufacturer and model (e.g. M-Audio Axiom Pro 49)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

Can you see the track protect button or is it hidden? Have you tried turning it on and back off?

How are you selecting takes: by choosing one from the take folder pop-up menu, or by opening the take folder and clicking the desired take? Do both options have the same issue?

Can you reproduce this issue in a brand new empty project?

Yup I can see the track protect button and I have turned it on and off.

I'm selecting takes using my cursor and click the take. If I right click on the main line of the folder and select the take from the little list of takes I can select the take no problem. It seems to only happen when I click on the take. Even when the take is selected however I can't click on it without receiving the same error.

Tried it with a new project using my Template and the problem is still there. However, if I don't use my Template and open an empty session it seems to work fine! Problem with my Template perhaps?

• 4 years later...