Is Pitch Shift the best way to lower/raise pitch?

RoyFan

Looking to raise/lower pitch the same way audacity does..

The problem with AuPitch is I blieve it requires a % and it's hard select the exact % in the automation because of the way the gui is..

What's nice about pitch shift is the automation lines snap to exact integer values.

Does anyone recommend a particular internal way in Logic that's as good as how audacity does it and where it's easy to designate the exact

number of semi tones?

Thank you.  Do these all use the same backend engine to accomplish the task?  same audio results?

The one with follow tempo and pitch in the audio region definition -  Those options don't seem to appear for audio I've inserted/dragged in ...   only for audio I've recorded.

Any way to make it work for the former?   I've tried duplicating the recorded track and dragging the imported region but no dice

If the audio wasn't originally recorded in logic, that option will not be available.  However, you can make it available by busing the output of the current track and recording it on a new track - the newly recorded region will then have the transpose parameter associated with it.