New MacBook Pro Touchbar version: Latency

TendingTropic

Hey guys!

I installed Logic Pro x (latest version) on my brand new MacBook Pro (2016 touchbar 15 inch edition)

When I open up a new project, and check the preferences/audio pane, with built-in audio output/built-in mic selected as input/output device; I get 20,5ms roundtrip latency results at a buffer size of 32!

Isn't this a bit high? anybody recognise this? any tips?

Hey, just made a test as I have also bought the latest MB Pro:

- latency with built in speakers -> 20,5ms

- latency with headphones plugged in -> 5,2ms

So, no need to worry. However have no idea why on built in speakers the latency is so high. Maybe they introduced a DSP in line to improve sound... who knows. But a fact is the sound on the new MB Pros (at least on the 15" model) is fantastic! For the first time I enjoy listening to music trough built in speakers :)

Cheers,

robi

15.0, 16.5, 19.4, 25.2, and a whopping 36.8 at 32, 64, 128, and 512 respectively on my late 2013. Seems like it's gotten even worse if he's at 20.5 at 32 samples. With headphones/speakers in, it drops to 5.3, 6.8, 9.7, 15.5, and 27.1. I addressed this with Apple back when I got it, and they really never gave me an answer, even when I was put through to engineers and the whole nine. I get very little latency with my Duet 2 though, and it's not like I'm doing much tracking without an interface. But I'm definitely curious as to what OP's built-in output latency is without headphones. I could've sworn I heard people saying it improved with the 2014's, but I could be mistaken.