Problem creating tracks in track window from channel strips in the mixer

OFS
Go to solution Solved by Eric Cardenas,

Hi guys.

I'm using latest LPX and MacOS.

Is anybody having trouble creating tracks from channel strips in the mixer? In my current project, on the mixer window, if I right-click Aux, the Stereo Out or Master Fader channel strips in order to create a track on the tracks window and nothing happens... The command is not greyed out, it was available, but I selected it many times and nothing happens.

I tried opening another project, tried the same and it worked. Re-opened the original project, and suddenly after a few attempts it worked for the Stereo Out, no idea why.

Another problem is now I can't delete the Stereo Out track on the tracks window because the delete track command is greyed out, once again, I have no idea why.

Anybody dealing with this issues?

EDIT: a clue... If I click on the Aux channel strip on the mixer and go to the Options menu on the mixer window, the command 'Create tracks for selected channel strips' is greyed out, almost as if Logic "thinks" there are no channel strips selected, which is not true...

Thanks!

Miguel

• Solution
Hi guys.

if I right-click Aux, the Stereo Out or Master Fader channel strips in order to create a track on the tracks window and nothing happens... The command is not greyed out, it was available, but I selected it many times and nothing happens.

Make sure you don't have it inside a Track Stack or that it isn't hidden.

Another problem is now I can't delete the Stereo Out track on the tracks window because the delete track command is greyed out, once again, I have no idea why.

Choose Track > Hide Output Track.

Hi Eric, thanks a lot for your help!

So, the first problem is solved, but the second one is really looking like a bug to me...

I checked and the track is not hidden and is not part of a stack, it's just a regular aux track.

Please check the following:

I've attached two screenshots where I'm trying to add a track on the tracks window for the 'Panned Delay' channel strip. In one of them you can see the right-click popup menu and the menu is available, although, as I said, nothing happens, no track is created on the tracks window.

On the second screenshot, I selected the same aux channel strip in the mixer and tried to do the same using the 'Options->Create Tracks for Selected Channel Strips' command, and you can see it's greyed out, almost as if Logic doesn't "detect" that a channel strip is selected.

This only happened to me now, and I've been using Logic for almost three years, and as I said, other projects I have work fine, so it seems like an obscure bug...

Here are the screenshots:

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AkVTQCdre5hghaoe8ONpuqOxsXKYGw

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AkVTQCdre5hghaofPmTXaESD0a8zNw

Thanks once again for your help!

Hi Eric, thanks for the reply.

The session file is here: Police Like Song.logicx.zip

I apologise about the screenshots, I was having trouble understanding how to embed an image, that's why I used OneDrive (strange that it asked for a login though...).

Meanwhile, I figured it out, so you can see them below.

There are lots of strange things are happening with this session, stuff that I never experienced in Logic... I would create a new session from scratch, but I'm kind of advanced in the project and I really don't wish to redo every tweak. Anyway, if you can figure out if it's my mistake I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Menu.thumb.png.d93cd4fb26f0cfa654ffa61895d8ba0a.png

Right_Click.thumb.png.4e6e7bc465a401954bc3a59cbca3444d.png

Hi Eric. Sorry, but what do you mean reassign a track? You mean change its output? Because I've reported the bug to Apple, but I couldn't reproduce it, so I'd like to report the bug more clearly to them...

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...