Piano roll position jumps after recording a clip

mysticfm

(Reposted at the site admins' request - originally in the LPX 10.3.1 mega-thread)

After updating to 10.3.1, quite often (albeit not always) when I complete recording a MIDI clip with the Piano Roll open, the first click I make within the Piano Roll (in an attempt to begin editing the notes) causes the Piano Roll window to jump to an entirely different location in the project (like minutes earlier).  Since the notion of the current bar in the song doesn't change, I can get the Piano Roll back to the clip I just recorded by just moving the time by a single bar using the keyboard shortcut, but it is still very annoying and wastes several seconds each time it happens.

Can anyone else reproduce and/or explain this misbehavior?

I've paid close attention to this behavior tonight, and it isn't actually related to a click, but rather to the first time I scroll the piano roll (even just a little bit) with a 2-finger gesture on the trackpad right after recording a clip.  I have the pointer tool selected as my primary and the pencil tool as my secondary, but as I said, I'm not actually using either one of them when this happens ... it is related to the first horizontal scroll after I finish recording a clip.  It doesn't happen after every recording, but about every 2nd or 3rd recording (rough estimate).  When it does jump, it always jumps back to a much earlier point in the project, e.g., somewhere around measure 30 to 35, when the clips I am recording are short, 2 to 3 measure clips located up around measure 175.  I've noticed similar but much smaller jumps happening at other times in the piano roll too, anytime I am scrolling horizontally with the track pad: e.g., I'll have measure 175 in the middle, do a small swipe to to the right to move back a measure or two, and suddenly find myself looking at measure 185 or 190 in the middle of the screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: this has become more and more of a problem for me, and not just after recording a clip anymore.  Very often in the middle of editing I'll attempt to move the timeline a little, regardless of the direction, and the whole Piano Roll jumps to somewhere near the start of the song.  I spent about two hours recording and editing last night, and this happened several dozen times.

I take it no one else is experiencing this?  Please note that I have observed no such ill behavior with horizontal swiping in any other window in Logic outside of the Piano Roll, nor in any other application on the iMac, so I don't believe it is an issue with my trackpad or OS X.

• 4 weeks later...
I reported this bug 3 months ago when 10.3 came out (I don't know how to link to my post, but you can search my posts by clicking on my name.) It happens just as stated when I try to scroll in the piano roll using my magic mouse. It happens right after I've recorded and then move my cursor into the piano roll and try to scroll. It happens on both the full view piano roll (its own window) and the small piano roll view you get by double clicking a midi region.  I've acclimated to it as much as can be expected. It happens (just now, in fact) using the pointer tool. Also no clicking is necessary -- just move the cursor into the piano roll and then scroll by dragging my finger across the mouse. It DOES scroll but first it jumps many bars away from the playhead. To get back to the playhead I have to toggle the follow playhead button.