Tempo map weirdness

ronny

Hi folks could anyone help with this? 

I have a drum track i'm trying to tempo map, i used Melodyine to get a map of it then imported the map into logic.

It wasn't to bad but the drummers timing is very free and it missed a lot, i started editing the map in logics tempo global and spent way too many hours doing it when i finally got near how i wanted it. I have lined up the transients and they're looking good but when played back it reaches a certain part in the in the track were the track and click start loosing sync so thinking it was me i checked my edits and they were fine and then when playing back again from said section it sounded fine ? Only to loose sync again at the same point if played from the beginning of project. repeats every time.

Cheers Ronny.

Hmm could be my Orpheus? been acting strange lately audio dropout or distortion, but nothing a reboot doesn't fix.

got error can't sync audio and midi earlier only once though.

Also the sync problem has moved to a different section of the track.

Not the  orpheus  same with macs internal output.

Here's the project, problems seem to around bar 106 or 150 but has to be played from beginning, as i said when you run into problem, if you stop and  start, it rights itself

Cheers Ronny

There's something fishy about tempo changes and Logic's clock.

Here are a couple of similar observations.

LPX klopfgeist playback gradually slows down

Recording with a tempo-ramp is broken, no workaround.

External MIDI slowly drifts out of sync only when Tempo is automated

I found that the behaviour is a little bit better using the preferences setting of Playback Tracks for Multithreading.

In your case I would try making the tempo map simpler. You don't need to map every hit. Aim getting the main feeling right instead.