Problems with midi learn-novation launchkey

letmylightshine

I have macbook pro 2014 i7,16 gb ram,1 tb ssd drive.

Using focusrite 2i2

novation launch key 49

I'm having trouble with midi learn on plugin parameters.The midi keyboard plays synths and controls faders/pan knobs through "launch control".When I right click a parameter and pick learn assignment and move knob on novation nothing happens.Also when I open the controller assignment learn dialogue box there is no "easy/advance mode" option and nothing happens.

I have done research and read a lot but still can't seem to get it working.On a side note the keyboard works fin in ableton

I appreciate any help

That means that knob is either not sending anything (and therefore cannot be learned), or it's already learned in Logic (check under Logic Pro X > Control Surfaces > Controller Assignments). 

When I click on controller assignments it says no assignment selected,and there is nothing to scroll through

It depends what your goal is.... you can clear out the assignments you don't need. Clear them all out if you don't need any of them. Clear only the ones you want if you want to keep the others...

t So if I erased all these them,then for instance spacebar wouldn't start playback.I don't see why I can't map a knob to the big dynamics knob in kontact

19875442_10155545455034228_3954257936161482359_n.jpg?oh=fad77946b0383ddf270307eb607a64a5&oe=59D1F0A0

So if I erased all these them,then for instance spacebar wouldn't start playback.

It would, because spacebar starting playback is a key command, not a MIDI controller assignment. 

I don't see why I can't map a knob to the big dynamics knob in kontact

If the knob is mapped in Logic's controller assignments, then its MIDI data will be used for that assignment and cannot be made available to Kontakt's own MIDI mapping functionality. If you delete that single assignment, then you won't disturb any of your other mapping, but you'll free up that single knob to be mapped in Kontakt.