Audio Units - double in plugin manager

Popskull

Some plugins are rescanning on startup then in logic x appear double. I've deleted cache , restarted etc. example is 2c audio, Uvi falcon and workstation . They work fine just however it keeps on rescanning and appears double. Anyone else seeing this . High Sierra , latest Logic X .

Thanks

Rebooting doesn't help. Deleting audio units cache ( caches that I know of) , doesn't help either. I'm thinking it's a high sierra issue with some plugins. Plugins are not coming up double in ableton live however, so logic x specific.

Any solutions to this appreciated.

That's odd then, not sure what it is or what to do. I've deleted the audio unit cache, and did a fresh rescan but it still happens. UVI workstation is an example. Has anyone got that plugin on high sierra they can check. It appears duplicate in plugin manager, it rescans every logic start, and in the plugin selection menu it appears once as UVI Workstation , but has two Stereo selections in the sub menu of the plugin selection menu of UVI Workstation. It should only have one stereo selection as it does in Live. It's all good in Live, it doesn't rescan everytime .

If anyone has latest non beta high sierra and logic x installed with UVI Workstation ( free version available ) would appreciate if your seeing this plugin twice in plugin manager, twice in the plugin selection for its outputs , and if when logic x starts it rescans UVI Workstation.

Same issue. There must be something in some plugs that sets this behavior off in the new OS. I've tried old versions of auval tool, force au validation utility, re-scan etc. The only thing that puts it normal is to remove the plugs that do this. To be clear, the ones that re-scan always list twice in the plugin manager. Once blank and one with the scanning info if both are "re-scanned".  The plugs do work fine however once loaded, so it is more of a nuisance than anything else. If anyone want to check, the DMG plugins pack are one of the offenders. Valhalla vintage Verb and even Amplitube 4 also does it on mine. But I have hundreds that are fine too.

I wish I understood why this was actually happening with this behavior.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...