ARP MIDI FX plugin to control many Instruments at once

flaviol

Thanks Eric.

The IAC trick is close but then I'd be sending the same MIDI notes to all instruments. I don't want to do that. I want each instrument to have it's own option for notes. I just want the on/off pulse (with pattern "live" or "grid" on the ARP) to be the same. Some instruments might have 3 notes, some 4, or maybe it's 2 percussion instruments that different MIDI notes to trigger the right sounds.

Thanks Eric.

The IAC trick is close but then I'd be sending the same MIDI notes to all instruments. I don't want to do that. I want each instrument to have it's own option for notes. I just want the on/off pulse (with pattern "live" or "grid" on the ARP) to be the same. Some instruments might have 3 notes, some 4, or maybe it's 2 percussion instruments that different MIDI notes to trigger the right sounds.

You have to use separate instances If you have different notes as input to the arps as one.

What I would do is to insert an arp on each track.

Make a Track stack of these tracks and configure Smart Controls to control the arp.

937378854_SuperArp.thumb.gif.6fa0fc3795b42947bb80b9611415800a.gif

Thanks Eric, it's a nice solution.

But the point of one arp, as opposed to various arps, is so I can play with the pattern grid (drawing notes in) on only one arp and it affects all the instruments. Otherwise it's a pain. I'll poke around more for a solution, if there is one. Thanks everybody!

But the point of one arp, as opposed to various arps, is so I can play with the pattern grid (drawing notes in) on only one arp and it affects all the instruments. Otherwise it's a pain. I'll poke around more for a solution, if there is one. Thanks everybody!

You lost me a little bit on what you're trying to do. But if you want one arp pattern grid to go to multiple instruments, then the only way is via IAC as Eric suggested. After that then you can put a secondary midi fx on each instrument track to further change what happens on each instrument.