10.4 Pencil Tool Fail ?

ReinMan

Howdy Folks!

Has anyone else noticed that the pencil tool is crapping out (not working) in 10.4? I've been digitizing my LP's for a few months now and the pencil tool is important to me to take out those really bad POPS n CLICKS. Since updating I do what I've always done - highlight the track, open the FILE editor, zoom in on pop, select PENCIL tool and then draw over the POP. Nothing happens.

To make this more annoying, I've opened up older files and it seemed to work okay - but then it stopped working there too.

Bug? My system being mean to me?

Thoughts, my Logic-al friends?

ReinMan

Update: So if I make a "+" new copy of track and drag that file there... the pencil tool WORKS. Huh.

This issue has been plaguing me for a couple days now since 10.4 update.... I'll keep playing with it. At least I've got a work around for now, even if I don't understand what's making this occur at this point.

Further data: when the pencil tool didn't work for me again, I did the "create a new track" and this time it DIDN'T work as it did before.

What I did differently at this point, I closed LOGIC and rebooted the app. And it then worked.

So I'm thinking BUGGY. :/

• 1 month later...