USB MIDI Breath and Bite Controller 2

Kaatza Music

I use this all the time. You need to open the TEC software and you can reroute any of the controllers to any CC numbers. I also like to mess with curves and stuff to get it to perform the way I want. Then, you need to be able to map those controllers to the desired function (Volume, cutoff etc.)

Here's a demo I did for TEC

You need to explore the VI you are controlling and assign them as needed. I use a lot of the SampleModeling stuff and you can control various parameters all of which can be synchronized with the TEC. You need to crack open the TEC software and see what CC channels the various controllers are on. Usually breath is on CC#2... but after that, there's no real standard CC number for the Bite or head tilt/nod. Start easy... Here's the Factory Solo Oboe patch where I've assigned CC#2 to the Relative Volume and Cutoff freq.

417801819_ScreenShot2018-03-10at3_44_40PM.png.dc1933c613cb22b1ca427c0961d5f577.png

Then I have the TEC software outputting my Breath control on CC #2.

1204461521_ScreenShot2018-03-10at3_46_07PM.png.627edf50356c9f8cb30a6f342cbda744.png

Now the level of the Oboe and it's "brightness" are both controlled by the Breath controller on CC#2.

Granted, the stock factory Oboe still sounds like crap, but at least I can control the volume and filter envelope with the BC..

I just bought one too.. You have to assign the breath, bite, nod, and tilt to certain CC's and set the range (VERY INPORTANT), the wrong values just make the BB controller look like a piece of junk (which it is not), make sure the virtual instrument you are using it, is set up to receive those CC's you set up..

There's videos of playing the SWAM virtual instruments, that are positively amazing.. I haven't gotten a lot of use musical use yet.. So I got to set aside some time and experiment.. There are certainly plenty of you-tube videos, which show how amazing this controller can be.. I wrote back to TEControl, and suggested they make a bunch of presets to get people started.. Setting up the BB controller parameters makes or breaks this as a useful too. TEControl needs to make it easier for folks to get started..