Stereo Pan not responding

CBSCBS

Thanks in advance for your time. OK...I have a stereo track. No plug ins on channel. Assigned to stereo output. No plugs there either. I have Control clicked the channel pan pot and chose "stereo pan". Pan pot turns all green. Problem...it will not respond to movement of pointer. Neither the stereo placement OR the width will respond. What am I missing? I have current version of Logic Pro X. Again, thanks, Barry

Thanks David...but I am doing exactly that.The channel pan knob is green. Stereo pan is selected. But zero response on the channel in the mixer window - same with the channel in the inspector window - However...the channel pan NOT in the mixer section responds. It's green of course - but panning reacts the same as "balance". I see 2 signals - but panning left tp right removes the signal opposite of the panning direction. That is...panning left reduces the right signal until it's gone when full left. I'm really confused. Barry

I am experiencing the exact same thing with 10.4.6, but only on certain projects and at certain times. For instance, after it happened the first time I opened my template and everything was fine. Then I opened the project that was giving me this bug in 10.4.4 and everything was fine. Then I opened it back up in 10.4.6 and . . . everything was fine! That was a week ago, and just yesterday it started happening again. I can't find any consistent factor yet . .

Here's where it stands and what I found this earlier...I was on the phone this morning with Apple for 1hr 24minutes with a senior Logic tech. Every avenue under the sun was explored, including trashing the version I was using (the current 10.4.6), and reinstalling. Even trying a new project using another "user" account. Nothing solved the issue and left the tech expert (who was extremely helpful by the way) throughly baffled. We shared my screen...I mean everything. So...it has gone to the engineers for ideas and I should know something in a day or so. I will post the outcome, whatever it ends up being as soon as I know. Frustrating to say the very least. Barry

And everything else on the computer works normally with the mouse? Sometimes I have a glitchy mouse all around. Then notice that something is pressing (usually my headphones) on my trackpad I keep off to the side.

Also, I noticed the stereo pan got much toucher with 10.4.5 but it never stopped working altogether. Just got harder to grab and move the ends. It seemed that it was worse on some tracks than others.

Thanks in advance for your time. OK...I have a stereo track. No plug ins on channel. Assigned to stereo output. No plugs there either. I have Control clicked the channel pan pot and chose "stereo pan". Pan pot turns all green. Problem...it will not respond to movement of pointer.

Well apparently you're not the only one: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=143961&p=747155#p747155

• 8 months later...
I am hoping that the 10.5 bug fix "Fixes an issue where the click zone to control Stereo Pan is unexpectedly small." refers to this bug. I won't be able to update for a couple of weeks, and then it's a matter of wait and see, as the bug appears to occur randomly . .

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Another hard to spot issue that can make one track be in mono:

an effect, such as a Logic EQ plugin, can be set to Stereo or Dual Mono. If the plugin is on an aux bus  set to mono it will defeat stereo panning on tracks sent to that bus.

If you click by the right side of the effect plugin in the channel strip, you will see the popup menu.

When you add some effects, Logic prompts you. But you might have also mistakenly set a plugin to mono, in which case it will defeat panning.

This happened to me today, and this is how I fixed it -- by checking all plugins on the bus and found one mistakenly set to mono instead of stereo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, akubot said:

this is how I fixed it -- by checking all plugins on the bus and found one mistakenly set to mono instead of stereo.

Hi akubot, and welcome to Logic Pro Help ! Thanks for sharing your solution, and you're right, this is a very common issue, ending up with mono plug-ins on a stereo track and therefore not being able to pan as expected. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...