Patches and Presets: Patches Not in Library

abookstorecowboy
Go to solution Solved by des99,

I see my Omnisphere presets that I made last year in the Library. But I recently saved some "patches" and they are not in the Library. Does anyone know how to get the patches to display? I know that the patches are in the same folder, because I can see them when go there with the Finder, but they don't display in the Library.

For example (for you Omnisphere users), the "Prophet Ten Pad" which you find in Omnisphere is a "patch" and does not show up in the Library.

The other problem is that none of the presets or patches show up after the first setting. For example, if I start a new track and open Omnisphere, I can see my Omnisphere presets the first time. But after that, if I change the track or even make a duplicate track, all I see is the usual array of Logic instruments plus something called "User patches." I don't see any way to access my Omnisphere presets at that point aside from starting over and creating a new Omnisphere patch, which seems weird and inefficient.

Patches and presets are actually not saved in the same folder. Which ones the Library displays depends on the position of the blue triangle pointing from the Library to the left channel strip in the Inspector. When the triangle points to the Setting button at the very top, you're seeing Patches. When it's pointing to a (blue) plug-in, you're seeing Settings (a.k.a. presets).

You can position the blue triangle where you want by clicking to the left side of the channel strip.

library-blue-triangle.gif.4ffbc6f04a59605f3dd233b5c9bdcf76.gif

• Solution
For example (for you Omnisphere users), the "Prophet Ten Pad" which you find in Omnisphere is a "patch" and does not show up in the Library.

"Prophet Ten Pad" is an Omnisphere patch, in a proprietary format, inside Omnisphere, Logic knows nothing about it. None of Omnisphere's presets are reported to the host. The only way you can get these into Logic presets/settings is to tediously export each patch with Logic's "Save settings..." button. With over 10,000 patches in Omnisphere, that's not for the faint hearted!

(We actually do this for many instruments in a thread over in the Patches section of this forum, but not Omnisphere, which already has a pretty decent patch browser.)

So, if you're expecting to see Omnisphere's presets in Logic's library panel, you can't directly, as these are not content in a format that Logic understands. You can only see them in Omnisphere's patch browser, for content in it's own database.