Problems using MIDI files

Goergtn

(Since 10.5)

I have a project tempo of 100 bpm. Open up an instance of Superior Drummer. As I drag in MIDI files from SDs “grooves”, Logic puts a tempo change of 120 at that point - only obvious if you look at your global tracks. Here’s the weird part - the sequence will play at 100, when it gets to the first MIDI file, the tempo read-out goes to 120, but plays at 100. The visual of the track shows the file playing after the play head has gone beyond the end. If I highlight the tempo change in the global tempo track, it will play back at new tempo and the play head acts correctly. If I delete the tempo change in the event list/tempo area - all is fine. If I delete the tempo change in the global track, it’s fine but there still is a tempo change in the event list (that doesn’t work).

Logic will put a tempo change of 120 at the beginning of every MIDI file I drag in, even other than SDs own grooves.

The transport always reads “Keep Tempo”.

I’m never asked if I want to import tempo info.

Where should I be looking to stop this behavior?

Found it!

In prefs/notifications I had “Import tempo info?” shut off (Don’t show this again). However, it was set to always import tempo data. Set it to DON’T import - all is fine now.

Put this out there if there is any other forgetful dopes like me.