Error Message - One or more multiple audio files changed in length!

Tallmaleuk

Hi there,

Since upgrading to Logic Pro x 10.5 and Catalina I keep getting this error message:

One or more multiple audio files changed in length!

As a result 3 audio regions changed in length or content position

I am not changing any audio files manually so I dont understand why this is happening. Does anyone have a fix for this? Its really annoying!

Many thanks.

Hi there yes I did Google this error message but I could not find a solution. Lots of people seemed to experience this problem going back at least 8 years. I only experienced it for the first when upgrading to 10.5 in the last week or so. I also upgraded to Catalina at about the same time. Before that I had used Logic for about 7 years and I had never encountered this problem before.

Yes that is encouraging to know that there is a fix for the corrupted files. I also spoke to Apple tech support about this issue but they did not seem to know anything about it despite there being an ongoing problem with some users for nearly a decade.

There is one more strange thing I have noticed that some of the midi tracks are also distorted too when I play them back. The only way I can get them to play properly is by creating a brand new software track and then copying the midi data to the new software track.

• 3 months later...

Any further updates on this problem?

I have a new Mac mini running Catalina 10.15.6. with Logic Pro X 10.5.1. On Disk Utility, it says hard drive type APFS volume. (Should be original factory settings, as I didn’t make any changes.) I didn’t have any problems for the first month or two that I used this system and program, but I just started getting the error message.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi, same error for me and this is not the first time this year. This happens when I make recordings with comps. Sometimes a previous recording is erased (it is present but no longer any sound) and if I save and restart the project, I have the error that appears, in addition to having lost the recording... It's really scary!

Edited by Frédéric Modine

19 hours ago, Frédéric Modine said:

Hi, same error for me and this is not the first time this year. This happens when I make recordings with comps. Sometimes a previous recording is erased (it is present but no longer any sound) and if I save and restart the project, I have the error that appears, in addition to having lost the recording... It's really scary!

Do you move/delete/rename audio files from the Finder? 

What hard disk are you saving your projects to, and how is it formatted? 

On 9/11/2023 at 10:02 AM, David Nahmani said:

Do you move/delete/rename audio files from the Finder? 

What hard disk are you saving your projects to, and how is it formatted? 

I just recorded with low latence as my usual and, after recording a new take, previous take was like no sound. After that if I save my project, close and reopen it, I have this error. I have a M1 MacBook with a internal SSD (same of my system)

Edited by Frédéric Modine