Lost song

Tommo99

Im new to logic, i started making a song last night and saved it i went back to it this morning and the file in its place is saved as “untitled” and doesnt have any work in at all like ive just created a new project. i have another file which is saved properly but this one hasnt all the file information such as “last opened” is correct so its definitely the song i saved. What do i do ?

Ok then I'm afraid that it sounds like you did not save it. When you save a file you give it a name. And a location which IMO should be other than the Logic folder. If you don't save the file but keep it open, then it's named untitled and is in the Logic folder. Then when you close the file without saving it, the Untitled file disappears from the Logic folder.

I mean, I've never seen a properly saved file (Logic file or any other type of computer file) change name on its own.

You're welcome.

I'll share my workflow to make 100% sure I never, ever lose any files.

1. Open a template or a new empty project.

2. Command-S, give it a name and a location. Save organized as folder, copy audio files into project.

=> There, the file is saved.

3. Start working.

4. After every action or two, Command-S. Literally.

5. At the end of the session, Command-S then close the project.

6. Drag the project folder onto a USB drive for backup.

7. Disconnect USB drive.

Hope that helps.