Logic Pro 10.5.1 stuck on splash screen

aviorrok
Go to solution Solved by aviorrok,

FYI - Even without the Steinberg UR plugins the very first time you activate 10.5.1 after updating it stays on the "Updating information about Audio Units" screen for a long time. This is seemingly only for the first start up and any subsequent startups take the normal amount of time. There have been a few comments around about people thinking that their system had frozen.

Alan.

I had the long boot the first time scanning plugging, what I ended up seeing when I forced quit Logic was a screen hidden behind the Logic splash screen that needed approval. The next Time I booted Logic, I used Mission Control to move the Logic Splash screen and was able to ok and approve the dialog box. All boots fine now. I did look in my Pluggin folder for failed validation plugs and had a few oldies in there, I moved them out of AU into another folder for now. I may look to see if they are needed.

I found out through other posts that IZotope had issued an update for failing plugins. Downloaded that and now I see at least a pop up saying it is scanning audio units [something I never saw in the last 3 hours] So hopefully I am now on the path of the lengthly audio unit scan :-) Thanks

I'm having the same problem, with the splash screen, spinning wheel and Logic Not Responding in the Force Quit Screen. I have waited for a very long time and nothing seems to be loading.... I used time machine to roll back to Logic 10.5.0 and Wha La! Works again! I guess I'll wait for the next update and hopefully this will be fixed.

Well, this problem does pop up EVERY single start of the program. Now I sit here and nothing moves forward anymore. It's a disaster! Is there an option to go back to 10.5.0?

Only if you made a backup of 10.5.0 prior to updating to 10.5.1. Have you tried using Mission Control to see if there's a dialog stuck underneath the splash screen?

THIS FIXED IT FOR ME:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251469961?answerId=252880774022#252880774022

You need to access it from the hidden Library folder:

Go to the Finder (or desktop).

Hold the Option key on your keyboard, and click the Go menu at the top of the screen.

With the Go menu open, you'll notice that pressing and releasing Option will display or hide the Library choice in this menu.

Select Library from the Go menu (while holding down Option) to access the hidden folder.

In there select Caches/AudioUnitCache

In my case there were two cache files in there which I had to trash (both).

Upon restarting Logic it rescanned for plugins and recreated the caches.

Once again, this is what I did with Apple support, but it might not be the correct course of action for you.

Hey guys I'm having a very similar issue. I can now get Logic to at least open but the issue is whenever I plug in my Scarlett 2i2 interface - It just stays on the "initializing audio unit' screen' with the colourwheel endlessly going and Logic just freezes. I know it's not an issue with the Scarlett as it does not require a driver and it works perfectly in Garageband - Any help appreciated! :D

On my MBP (late 2017) Logic 10.5.1 goes (well attempts to) through an AU scan, keeps asking about the Waves plugins I don't own and after 100 clicks of don't "scan for license" and a few other "trial" ilok plugins and a few MX4 that I never transferred to my ilok3) just stall and never opens up to the main screen. I use 32Lives and never had an issue and all 32 bit plugins are resurrected. II'm on Mojave. Any ideas? After using Loguc since Notator days, I have a lot of plugins (legit - usual suspects, UAD, Waves, Plugin Allisnce, Native Instruments, Arturia, etc.).

Do I really have to trash the AU cache and go through AU validation again?

If I have the last version of 10.4 on my other machine, is there a way to use that to downgrade my

Do I really have to trash the AU cache and go through AU validation again?

If I have the last version of 10.4 on my other machine, is there a way to use that to downgrade my

Yes I think so.

Copy Logic on the other machine to say a USB stick. Drag your Logic (15.1) out of the Applications folder [the bin if your sure you want to get rid of it somewhere else if you are going to keep it]. Drag the Logic 10.4.X from the USB into the Application folder.

If I have the last version of 10.4 on my other machine, is there a way to use that to downgrade

You can have many Logic versions in your Applications folder, as long as they're not named exactly "Logic Pro X".

Easiest way is to right-click the app and choose Make copy.

And you can copy them to a flash drive and move them between computers.