Logic pro x 16 says project file appears damaged

WIZARDZ

I am really frantic here trying to open an old project made in garageband a long time ago that I know used to work no matter what opening in the old garageband and the version 15 logic pro x.

Yet since they both have updated and I nnow moved to Big Sur the other day they say: The project file "xxx.xxx.logicx" appears to be damaged! Click "OK" to attempt to repair the project.

Which is a bit silly really as it has no ok button only continue in blue clicking on it just tries to load it which comes up void of anything no data present showing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated please, and thanks in advance.

Have you tried creating a new empty project, and then choose File > Import > Logic Projects, and locate the project in question, see if you can access the tracks inside the project from the All Files Browser?

Man it's indexing forever but yes I will try to do that when it finally finishes the process. It's been on a few minutes say now.

Figured it out it says that the project is not compatible with this version of logic pro x how can I fix that please any ideas? As it says please open and save it but opening says it can't open, what I have done to somewhat cheat was copy that logicx file open it and export it's containing folders out onto the desktop can I not repack that somehow or just create a project with a single sound file then extract that project somehow and copy paste this other project in place of it's containing folders to force it?

No joy tried that copy contents by opening the folder contents and directly overwriting the new project data and it is still empty?

I did yesstill not working I am going to have to look for old data on my other pc and prey it's there then, maybe try recovering data on it with some tool to see if an original .band file is found and convert it's name then to logicx

Got the drive out ready to go so I will have to log off for now thank you very much for the support on this. :)

I did yesstill not working

Can you describe what you see/get when you try?

So in logic it says unable to open file and that it is corrupted, then it somehow clicking around says that the file is incompatible with this version of logic pro x?

I did a scan of my data and it isn't there on my other drives so I am stuck now, the file size is a mere 3.47mb or something, inspecting in the media folders it has no data in there but the plist files are there for project plist etc.

Logic opens when I overwrite those folders in another new project but nothing appears just a plain project with a grey box as if the name should be there for the first region but it is blank, no sounds are listed at all not even temporarily,.

Well p@ssed off

I do know that it must be the only file ever made for it and in the 10.5 logic on catalina I had no issue opening it but since installing a forced patched update to big sur it's not opening in the new logic or in the garageband the latest in big sur either

The only other message thrown up ever has been this file is from an incompatible version of logic, telling you it cannot open the file that's it has a little scrap of none sensical text in grey in a box portion under it stating it does not work because the file is corrupted I think? I am on my main pc not the mac now see it's too slow to mess around like that video capturing, the process was 9-10 mins to record and 59 mins to get back to you, I will try getting it up but not making a promise why do you think if this other user you mentioned has the same problem that it might be a flaw in the software? An inherent fault or something along those lines?

The only other thing from a technicians perspective would be that the system sub-structure changes to upgrade to Big Sur morphed/changed something relied on by Logic to open it so it now says no or it is unrecognisable the file didn't even reside on the mac it's laid on a separate server for ages been transplanted (downloaded) back to the mac multiple times before wireless via usb stick and usb drive in the past back in Catalina versions just fine, Big Sur now it doesn''t work so would make sense?

Done it I managed to compress as a zip file before exporting it from the pc in filezilla to the macbook, then extracting the zip to the desktop seemed to extract the full file thank goodness for that, I face an entirely knew issue now how to export the ultrabeat beat and reimport it so it's an audio file, as export as audio and loading doesn't do that?

This is the message i was wrong this is the remark it makes

Great, thanks, see that's why I wanted a screenshot! This is indeed the same issue as the thread I linked to. So it seems like at least two of you are having the same issue.

Ok mate just tell him to zip it as is send it to device he needs to extract and drop in the logic folder or a folder designated for his project collection ideally and, then if asked when opening the project for any files that Logic states in a pop-up are missing now possibly from moving/deleting and/or transferring said files i recommend finding those file names if possible and moving copying and or transferring those back into a into the same folder as the recently imported .logicx file or files.

You should know immediately if any transferred files work properly, as when you extract a .logicx file from the zipped archive (zip folder) it is no longer a basic looking white background for its thumbnail image (icon picture) if it is a proper project file the thumbnail image will now have a black colouration and will look like a logic pro x arrangement window (the window where you drag/drop files when creating a song).