Loop Imported Alchemy Drumbeat endlessly

Zipfunk

I've imported a drumbeat

(Initializing the patch, Import audio, etc)

and it works but when I hold the key down it plays the loop once.

I've played around with the GUI for Alchemy but I cant seem to find the option.

(I'm really hoping there is an option for this)

I also cant seem to make it speed up or slow down with the changes in tempo of the project.

(If I should start a new thread for the last question Let me know and I will)

Drew

When you load the loop you have to set Alchemy to loop it, just like any sampler. The default is one shot.

I cant seem to figure out how you got to that window?

Do I have to open the loop in a certain way?

I've just initialized, Import Audio (on A)

I don't see your drop menu or Group Or Zone.

(Do I have to open it as a sampler)

When you load the loop you have to set Alchemy to loop it, just like any sampler. The default is one shot.

I cant seem to figure out how you got to that window?

Do I have to open the loop in a certain way?

I've just initialized, Import Audio (on A)

I don't see your drop menu or Group Or Zone.

(Do I have to open it as a sampler)

Never Mind I found it. Although my GUI looks a little different

Now can I make it follow the tempo of the project?

Alchemy doesn't support automatic tempo matching of sample loops. As far as I know, you would have to do it the old school way, chopping the samples and sequencing the loop.

The Quick Sampler instrument can do exactly what you are trying to do.

That's all I know...I don't use sample loops much.

Good luck!

I have to look into quick sampler more. I’m ashamed to say I’m one of the people that saw EXS turn into Sampler and feared change.

Now that I’m off for at least two months (I live in Ontario Canada which is in lockdown) I have no excuse but to learn it.

I was dialing the speed of the sample in Alchemy, getting it as close as possible and making a midi note every four bars or so. It was clunky but worked.

Thank you for the advice here.

I have to look into quick sampler more. I’m ashamed to say I’m one of the people that saw EXS turn into Sampler and feared change.

Now that I’m off for at least two months (I live in Ontario Canada which is in lockdown) I have no excuse but to learn it.

I was dialing the speed of the sample in Alchemy, getting it as close as possible and making a midi note every four bars or so. It was clunky but worked.

make sure you ignore my post (#6), which is easy, and works (i use it to loop phrases in a song all the time). bounce in place, midi note every four bars, and you'd be in business....

make sure you ignore my post (#6), which is easy, and works (i use it to loop phrases in a song all the time). bounce in place, midi note every four bars, and you'd be in business....

Okay, I will. :)

Okay, I will. :)

:mrgreen:

lots of great options too. for example, let's say the loop is just a bit too short; you can option-drag the right side, and fit it perfectly into you measure(s). you can cut things up, rearrange bits of the loop. if you want. you can reverse the audio file in places (i do this too much). i often bounce-in-place synth lines, guitar loops... everything, anything.