Creating New Track(s) templates

Bumsi

Well, somewhere needs to be a definition of what that bass drum track should comprise of, which input, output, plugins, etc. This is either a Channel Strip Preset which you'd have to recall after creating the actual track, or you have all your tracks predefined in a template project and import from that all the tracks you want in one go. Either this, or you have all the tracks you can think of prepared, hidden and deactivated in your actual Template that you created the Project from, so all you need is unhide and activate them. No one starts a recording Project from zero.

There is no shortcut for Add 8 Audio Tracks with: Bassdrum etc, input 1, output 12, Eq setting.

Yes I do have templates, but that can get messy.

I have 2 multi mic'd drumsets, anther room with percussion, one with piano, plus the average synth collection like anyone else - add a 24/8/1 board for dubbing.

Really? No-one starts like that?

I must be the first then - that's awesome!

Well except for - of course that guy who said:

"For those colors which you wish to be beautiful, always first prepare a pure, white ground"

I think his name was Leonardo DaVinci or some s*+#t , whatever, that guy never amounted to much of anything.

I'd love to be able to click "create new audio track(s)" and get to chose from the many, many I/O's I labelled with their corresponding instrument names. Logic only shows those later, after the track was created.

And since Logic doesn't correctly read out the info (let alone names) provided by RME's drivers, it gives me a nice list of any possible mono/stereo/surround input and output that a ufx+ could possibly have. I record at 88,2, but won't even spare me from painfully listing 16 "fantasy" adats etc.

I swear the list is 4 feet long.

If Apple needs to make me go through this, they should provide me and - even more so my poor intern - with their sensational Nor Cal greens as well.

Now we are talking, "mise en place", that's what I am looking for.

Patches proves to be exactly what I wanted, and I can create more "channel presets" from wherever I work, neat.

- but your workaround is also great, takes a bit longer but u get to chose to include content/plugins etc.

Let's be grateful Davinci, (feel free to replace with Bach, Coltrane, Hendrix etc) did not have to leave his space and subordinate his entire attention - away from the material - to a flickering Screen, displaying a company controlled, arbitrarily changing, huge array of mixed tools. Maybe their work would be as great as pop music today.

On the other hand - imagine the Mona Lisa were a ProTools session from 96:

Turned into a pile of unrecoverable ones and zeroes,

sleeping in its sarcophagus of digital obsoletion.