Is there a keyboard shortcut for selecting same pitch MIDI notes one at a time?

AMD
Go to solution Solved by ted_manzie,

Hello all.

Is there a keyboard shortcut for selecting MIDI notes of the same pitch one at a time? If I use the left/right arrows, the selection cycles through the notes from top to bottom, but I'd just like to select each D0 note one at a time and ignore the muted notes in the screenshot.

Thanks.

1044919844_Screenshot2021-05-03at20_21_11.thumb.png.50225a252b60506d095bc6449b1cff86.png

I'm not aware of a keystroke but I usually just click and hold to the left of the first D0 note and drag across the line.

Maybe I'm missing the point as this is a simple solution...

Drew

Thanks for your reply. I might not have explained my question properly.

If I select the first note on D0 and press the right arrow multiple times, the notes get selected one at a time from top to bottom - D0, F5, then G6 and so on. What I would like to do is select each D0 note one after another (not all at the same time) without the selection cycling through the other notes as well, if that makes sense?

Yes, there is a command for that. Shift-E. It is in the Edit Menu, both in the global** and in the local menu (in the piano roll *).

Another way to select all notes of the same pitch is by clicking on the corresponding key in the vertical keyboard that is on the left in the piano roll window***.

1897453060_Schermafbeelding2021-05-03om22_43_35.thumb.png.fdfd23857d78731b64ab65e2950e6be2.png

395120641_Schermafbeelding2021-05-03om22_44_00.thumb.png.f32e05f55a2c788d91d203568ebae16e.png

1153070220_Schermafbeelding2021-05-03om22_46_27.thumb.png.8599830cc957f664f9760e6cb9f0f6ff.png

If I select the first note on D0 and press the right arrow multiple times, the notes get selected one at a time from top to bottom - D0, F5, then G6 and so on. What I would like to do is select each D0 note one after another (not all at the same time) without the selection cycling through the other notes as well, if that makes sense?

Did you check out the video link? I'm pretty sure that's what you're asking.

Yes, there is a command for that. Shift-E. It is in the Edit Menu, both in the global** and in the local menu (in the piano roll *).

Another way to select all notes of the same pitch is by clicking on the corresponding key in the vertical keyboard that is on the left in the piano roll window***.

These are great pointers. Thank you for that.

Drew

Schermafbeelding 2021-05-03 om 22.43.35.png

Schermafbeelding 2021-05-03 om 22.44.00.png

Schermafbeelding 2021-05-03 om 22.46.27.png

Thanks for your reply, but that's not what I'm trying to do. It's kind of hard to explain. Shift E selects ALL of the notes of that pitch. I would like to select each D0 note in turn, one after another, but not all at the same time and without selecting any the other notes in the region - as if you were selecting them one by one with mouse clicks.

For example, if I select the first note on D0 and press the right arrow multiple times, each note is selected one at a time, from bottom to top - D0, then F#5, then G6, then back to D0. I would like to do the same thing, but just cycle the selection through each D0 note, one after another. Does that make sense? Maybe it isn't possible.

Did you check out the video link? I'm pretty sure that's what you're asking.

These are great pointers. Thank you for that.

Drew

I was unable to view the video, I'm afraid. It says the video is private.

• Solution
Thanks for your reply, but that's not what I'm trying to do. It's kind of hard to explain. Shift E selects ALL of the notes of that pitch. I would like to select each D0 note in turn, one after another, but not all at the same time and without selecting any the other notes in the region - as if you were selecting them one by one with mouse clicks.

For example, if I select the first note on D0 and press the right arrow multiple times, each note is selected one at a time, from bottom to top - D0, then F#5, then G6, then back to D0. I would like to do the same thing, but just cycle the selection through each D0 note, one after another. Does that make sense? Maybe it isn't possible.

Yes :) >

Logic Pro / Key Comands / Edit

find 'select previous region/cell/event of same type/number' and create your own keystroke , I use shift + [

find 'select next region/cell/event of same type/number' and create your own keystroke, I use shift + ]

Yes :) >

Logic Pro / Key Comands / Edit

find 'select previous region/cell/event of same type/number' and create your own keystroke , I use shift + [

find 'select next region/cell/event of same type/number' and create your own keystroke, I use shift + ]

You sir, are a genius! Thank you so much!

I was sure I saw a tutorial where someone was doing this before and for the life of me, I couldn't remember what the command was called. You just saved me about a billion mouse clicks! Also, this works for my other question in the forum which was how to do the same thing for regions on the same track. :D