Is Atari still faster than Logic in MIDI?

CpuOptimization

Nope - Logic with a good MIDI interface that supports MIDI timestamping is about equal in terms of timing accuracy and jitter as an Atari ST in it's *best* state (ie, just with the ST's single built-in MIDI port alone). We tested this extensively a while back, there's a thread on GS with the results.

There is no slow MIDI problem in Logic... it's likely your receiving MIDI hardware is slower to deal with MIDI I/O than Logic - just as it was with the Atari ST...

And yes, you can turn the audio engine off and just use Logic as a MIDI sequencer - start Logic and hold control, and don't launch the audio engine.

How you use midi plugins as arpeggiator for external synth? Or is locked midi fx to audio? I found out that in DP can work midi fx in midi mode(bypassed audio). I would like to use all midi fX plugins also in mainstage that add hot cpu if want to be near zero latency.

I mean logic have great midi plugins, also have support for third party plugins I would like to use from MIDI FX LIST...

Or maybe anyone know for auv3 midi plugin host, that have disabled soundcard?

Edited by CpuOptimization

YEs i know this, but in midi mode I don't see them(disable audio interface).

I am using for monitoring "external instrument" soundcard software cuemix of motu with DSP chip, promoted as zero latency monitoring. Is really fine to play especialy when using midi pickup on guitar which have some latency(lower string more latency) and is fun to play on external gear.