MPD24 and Logic: Assigning samples? [SOLVED]

acq1

Does anyone know how to assign samples to the pads of the MPD 24? In ultrabeat it plays the sounds on the pads but it does not play all of the sounds. My main thing is being able to assign sample to the pads I want them on. Thanks in advance!

Nick

Your pads send MIDI notes. The MIDI notes have a certain pitch, and your controller (MPD 24) allows you to customize the pitch of the MIDI note each pad sends.

Then in Logic, the sampler you use (i.e. Ultrabeat or EXS24) allows you to map samples to MIDI Note pitches. So if you map a sample to C1, it will be triggered everytime that track receives a C1 MIDI note event.

Hope that helps? Which sampler do you intend to use in Logic?

I got it! I went into the MPD24's interface and arranged the pads from C1 all the way up. Now when I load my samples into the editor they are laid out how I want them. I saved the reset in the MPD so I don't have to do it again. Now all I have to do is convert my .snd files to .wav so Logic will recognize them and make a sampler instrument.

When I tried to do this with a free download from the internet they converted but the sounds were weird. They were triggering twice and had clicks in front of some of them. Any idea's why this may be, or is it just a glitch with the free conversion software? Thanks!

Nick