"MIDI Timeout" pop up stops logic [SOLVED]

Luke Mandala

• 1 year later...

David, Ski.

You guys are complete legends.

I have been battling with this along with a number of issues relating to a bad install of Mavericks which have sent my desktop into complete meltdown, but this has indeed fixed one of my problematic tracks.

Thanks so much for the time and energy.

Lifesavers.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Just to bump this up one, I had the same issue (obviously) but David's solution wouldn't allow me to reset my project back to zero, thus rendering his solution useless (at least for me). The solution Ski provided would be one that would set me DAYS behind my project deadline.

Frustrated, I trolled the internet for answers and found that by hitting Command+Control+E you can access the Automation events page and simply either:

A): Delete anything that starts at "0" (I.e.: 0 1 1 1)

or B): Just edit the start point to anywhere AFTER "0" (the common move would be placing it at "1")

and then just move the start time to 1, the same way David Suggested.

This way, if you're like me and David's solution didn't work out for you, but you want to maintain your automation you can!

Fair Warning, it's a bit tedious but I got through 104 tracks of automated audio in about 30 minutes.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But of course, thank you to both David and Ski for providing this AMAZING recovery.