burning discs

maarten

good evening,

I've been experiencing some problems with burning discs. I'm using a 15" powerbook running Logic Pro 7. Last week I tried to burn an audio cd in waveburner using TDK's CD-RXG blanc disks (suitable for audio). The burning process appeared to be normal and the disc, as I could see, was written on to. However, it wouldn't play on any playback system. Not even the power book itself, it would just eject it! Today I tried again, using some very cheap data cd's (with a very ugly design), and everything worked just fine. Is there anyone who recognises this problem? If I by blanc disks, which ones do I have to choose?

grtz,

maarten

• 8 years later...

There are 3 potential problems here:

1. Waveburner - As mentioned, it is buggy software. Try something else such as Toast or even iTunes.

2. Cheap CDs - As mentioned, you are asking for trouble with cheap s#!+.

3. Powerbook - I've had nothing but trouble with Powerbook Superdrives. I've had one drive replaced 3 times and it still has trouble reading CDs.

Also, CDs are quite old-fashioned now. Consider using the so-called "internet" instead to distribute your music, or use a "hard drive" for backups.