Setting up Logic with a Korg Triton Rack

csouza

Thank you for the file. I do appreciate the time you took to help me. If i may ask being new to the equipment and logic.

1. What was the reason from changing from GM to Korg?

2. Even though i can hear the sounds on my headphones that are connected directly to my korg rack, i cannot hear on my monitors. I do see the midi data going in and out on Logic. Do i need to connect the triton directly to my audio interface? and if so would that record the sound to logic from the korg?

( 1. What was the reason from changing from GM to Korg?)

This is to allow Logic (or any other software, controller, etc.) to control the rack instead of selecting programs from the rack directly.

(2. Even though i can hear the sounds on my headphones that are connected directly to my korg rack, i cannot hear on my monitors. I do see the midi data going in and out on Logic. Do i need to connect the triton directly to my audio interface? and if so would that record the sound to logic from the korg?)

This depends on how you have your sudio set up. I run my audio interface and trition on seperate mixer channels, then out to my speakers. You can run the rack into your interface, but Logic will only record the Triton if you record the Triton in an audio track, instead of it's dedicated Triton track.

Good luck.

I guess the dedicated triton track is there to give you the ability to control the triton via Logic. Is that correct? Any other benefits?

Only on a audio track? I thought you could use it like one of Logic's Instruments. And record midi.

I'm thinking the only way is to find the synth sounds that i would like to use on the korg and record it as an audio. Then bring that sample on the Exs24. Do you have an other suggestion?

Thanks!

Chris

• 5 years later...

Thanking you Dpalitang22,

I have downloaded the file and got everything running ok except for a few things I'm hoping you can help out with.

1. I have changed the GM to Korg so the triton should now be controlled via logic. When I press arp in the environment that should turn the light on on the triton correct? This isn't happening and no arp is triggering.

2. Im am gathering I can have 16 seperate midi tracks playing at the same time as 16 seems to be the magic number in both the environment and also the amount of tracks split via channel numbers.

I can get a sound from channel 1 but no other channel??? Do I need to assign anything from here?

3. In the environment window I select the Triton Rack Combis and click all 16 ports (I'm guessing this enables them) as I now see them in my library window. Channel one works fine but when I repeat this for the next channel I get no sound. Also no midi signal is being received from the triton via the led. Again do I need to assign anything else from here?

4. I have tried changing the programs individually on separate tracks hoping that will let me use separate sounds on each track. This only ends up with them not playing at all.

5. How do I range from init bank A-D in the environment window?

I think I'm almost there but looking for the last piece of the puzzle. I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks