Logic 9.1.6 and Digi Coreaudio 9.0.6

bo306

I just installed PT 9.0.6, which also updated the digi coreaudio driver. Now, whenever I try to launch logic it crashes, citing the digi core audio driver. Although I'd prefer to not use it, it facilitates the connection to my BLA 002 interface. Sigh. Anyone else have similar issues or perhaps a solution?

thanks!

I have the same issues with my Digi 003.

It just started after having the same system for the last 4 years.

The drivers are completely updated and have been for weeks.

I dont have any other options for an interface...003 is it.

I teach Pro Tools and Logic so there is no other option...nor has there ever been a need for one.

I teach Pro Tools and Logic so there is no other option...nor has there ever been a need for one.

There are many other options, you will just have to accept that you need another interface for Logic. If you want to use the same interface for both PTLE and Logic, you'll have to carry the burden of the finicky Digi Core Audio drivers - which in my opinion is not an option at all (I have troubleshooted many, many Digi Core Audio systems, even owned one for a few years myself).

i want to buy protools 10, and i see the problem with interface, but can i work with logic and protools with the same computer without interface.

Finally, is it a problem to have few DAW in the same computer ( like few driver ), because i want to buy in a futur, more differents DAW.

There are many other options, you will just have to accept that you need another interface for Logic. If you want to use the same interface for both PTLE and Logic, you'll have to carry the burden of the finicky Digi Core Audio drivers - which in my opinion is not an option at all (I have troubleshooted many, many Digi Core Audio systems, even owned one for a few years myself).

You see since all equipment is through the school, to get a piece of equipment through the budget would take months.

Im teaching Logic and Pro Tools NOW! Maybe Apple may hear about this problem and provide an update...9.1.7?

I have tried every thread and exhausted all my resources, even with my educational contact at Avid.

You see since all equipment is through the school, to get a piece of equipment through the budget would take months.

I hear you.

Im teaching Logic and Pro Tools NOW! Maybe Apple may hear about this problem and provide an update...9.1.7?

I have tried every thread and exhausted all my resources, even with my educational contact at Avid.

It is not Apple's problem. See, Apple makes software that is compatible with Core Audio drivers. Then it's up to various device manufacturers to make core audio drivers. Some manufacturers make good ones. Some of them make excellent drivers. Some of them make horrible ones, and that's the case for AVID. And AVID isn't really interested in making good Digi Core Audio drivers in the first place since they'd rather have you use PT than anything else. So you can see where the problem lies.

With some other companies who make hardware that's not tied to a competing software (RME, Apogee, Metric Halo, etc....) you get excellent drivers and excellent driver support, in part because there is no conflict of interest.

I hope you can resolve your current situation to where you can make it work at least so you can teach your classes.

Luckily, after a lot of messing around (e.g restarting, reinstalling hardware drivers, etc) It works fine now. I agree, too, that the avid driver is awful. Unfortunately, the sound quality of the interface is incredible, and I always have to use pro tools, like it or not. I'm sure there will be issues down the road...especially when PT goes 64-bit, at which point I will undoubtedly have to invest in a new interface; unless someone out there wants to create a 64-bit driver to support legacy hardware.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Yesterday this MBox Pro 3 died. No output, no input… Although the cp showed streaming and i/o signal; and, the unit itself registered a steady blue light, which indicates streaming.

I set up to have warranty service. Today, I find out it is one month out. However, the unit started working again. The last thing I tried yesterday was to uninstall the 1.1.2 drivers and then reinstall. No good, gave up, disconnected. Before packing it up, I turned it on and all was perfectly normal.

Not sure what to think of this.

Seth