Logic pro 8 mutes playback randomly

jujumies

Hi,

I have really irritating problem with Logic 8 which is driving me nuts... Very often when I insert a plugin to a track logic mutes playback. The playback engine seems to go on but there is no sound. Whenever this happens I have to press channels solo button once and I get the playback again... This behavior seems to happen randomly. Seems like nowadays my projects are somehow corrupted etc.??? This didn't happen before.

Any idea what might cause this? All the software I use is legitimate,

Best regards,

Simo Orpana

What do you mean by "the playback engine seems to go on"? Also you say when you press the channel strip "S" button you can hear that track, correct? What happens when you then disable that same "S" button, can you still hear the track, or is it silent again?

Please add your Logic version and system info to your signature: Read Me Before Posting - Forum Guidelines (#5)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply... . Lets say I have bassdrum soloed and I have loop playback on... Then I insert a plugin to this track and the playback still goes on but the sound disappears right after I have inserted the plugin. If I press the solo button off and then back on I get the sound back... Weird isn't in? Currently I get this behavior all the time... not randomly any more...

Simo

• 1 month later...

Moderator's note: Please don't create multiple threads for the same topic. Read Me before posting - Forum Guidelines #3

Hi,

I have posted once before regarding this issue but now I have more info. Here is the previous post:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79733&p=415048&hilit=logic+mutes+randomly#p415048

I have a mixing template where I have several master auxes (master busses). I have Master GTR, Master DRMS, Master VOX, Master Music, Master Efc. So basically all the audio tracks are routed to auxes before going to master bus. This seems to create my problem that is when ever I insert a plugin to a audio track -logic mutes playback. The playback seems to go on but there is no sound. I have to stop playback switch the plugin to bypass then back on and I get the audio back.

I have to get this sorted out because it slows down my mixing process significantly... and I'm beginning to loose my mind..:)

Best regards,

Simo Orpana / Studio Bad Mama

FINLAND

I never instantiate a plugin whilst playing back - most times the audio engine will only update until playback is stopped/resumed at least once. Same goes for initiating sends from any track. Also, some 3rd party plugins may sometimes crash Logic when inserted during playback, especially if the project is already loaded with lots of tracks, insert effects and instruments.

So, my advice: don't instantiate plugins (inserts or instruments) or sends and generally don't alter your coreaudio setup (signal routings) whilst playing back.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I have the problem also if I insert the plugin to a track when the playback is not on. So I insert a plugin to a track and then I press play -->no sound but the playback seems to go on. Then I bypass the plugin and put it on again and I get the sound. This whole problem seems to be random so it doesn't happen every time. By the way this doesn't happen in projects where I don't have my mixing template that I described above.

Simo

I discovered something today which might help to solve my issue...

So I have my guitars routed via bus to MasterGuitar Aux. I had playback on and guitar track was soloed (the MasterGuitar Aux was not soloed at this point). I put a plugin to that specific track and the audio muted once again. I pressed solo button off and then back on and got the audio back. Then I soloed the guitar track and the MasterGuitar Aux as well and had the loop playback going on. I inserted several times plugins while playback to that guitar track and it worked like charm -no mutes this time. So-->

The problem is that I have all of my tracks routed to master auxes and whenever I solo one of those tracks without soloing the master aux of that specific track as well and insert a plugin -->logic mutes audio. But if I have the track and the master aux of that specific track soloed as well -everything works! Could this be some kind of awkward feature of logic? Hard to believe...

Any help will be highly appreciated...

Best redards,

Simo Orpana / Studio Bad Mama