AU Validation Every Time?

tobybennett323

An older version of Automap (and automap coded plugins) was the culprit when I had this problem. If no Automap, then temporarily drag all your au plugins to a different folder. Fix permissions, restart and try again. Run 32 bit mode Logic and let it scan there and the 64 bit normally. Selectively place the au's back until you find the problem ones or have no further issues.

• 1 month later...
Every time I open Logic for some reason the AU Validator has to validate every one of my plug-ins every time. I have a lot and it has discouraged me from using Logic. Any suggestions?

Toby

Try manually launching the Automap Server first, before launching Logic. I was having this same problem, and launching Automap first solved it for me.

Eli Krantzberg

@Eli.

Could you try wrapping Spectrasonics Trilian in 64-bit Logic?

It always start the validation process for me. :|

Hi Eric,

Trillian in 64 bit wraps just fine in Automap on my system. I'm running Logic 9.1.5 (I get the beach ball thing with 9.1.6) and OS 10.6.8.

The encoders on the keyboard are set to control the 8 part levels in the Trilian multi. And other than that, there are only generic unassigned parameters available in the Automap edit window. I think you need to assign some CCs within Trilian and then manually map them with the encoders. Unless I'm missign something - and I may very well be. I'm a complete Automap noob :wink:

I'm curious as to how others are using Novation keyboards (Automap) with Logic. It seems to me like once you have done the initial setup work, it's almost simpler to just bypass Automap and use it in "template" (MIDI CC) mode to control a few of your favorite plug-ins.

Hi Eric,

Trillian in 64 bit wraps just fine in Automap on my system. I'm running Logic 9.1.5 (I get the beach ball thing with 9.1.6) and OS 10.6.8.

I'm using 10.7.3 and have that problem with several plug-ins.

Automap works with the automation parameters so you have to "Enable Host Automation" for the desired parameter in the Spectrasonics bundle.

I just mentioned Trilian because I knew you had it. ;)

I like Automap for it's ease of use. Every single Logic plug-in works right out of the box. The program has evolved over the years and they have enhanced a lot of stuff.

I'm using 10.7.3 and have that problem with several plug-ins.

Automap works with the automation parameters so you have to "Enable Host Automation" for the desired parameter in the Spectrasonics bundle.

I just mentioned Trilian because I knew you had it. ;)

I like Automap for it's ease of use. Every single Logic plug-in works right out of the box. The program has evolved over the years and they have enhanced a lot of stuff.

Ahh, thanks for the tip. I just tried enabling a few Trilian parameters and sure enough they were automatically mapped to the second page of the Novation encoders. Very cool! And yeah, all the Logic plug-ins are mapped perfectly with Automap. It's some of the third party ones that seem hit and miss. I've only just started with my new keyboard and automap this week, and so clearly have to put some more time with it. I have no doubt I'll come to love automap. And maybe even put my MCU to rest :D

I wish I could offer some suggestion as to why you are having problems wrapping some plug-ins, but sorry - I don't have any at the moment .