Alternative solution for Virus TI Multi-timbral MIDI Volume?

popscreen

I've read ALL the posts (on this site and others), and I cannot figure out how to apply the Aux/Transformer solution to a Virus TI2, with Virus Control. Since the Virus only has three stereo USB outs, I'm limited. We can't do 16, like Kontakt, or 8 like Omnisphere.

What is everyone doing to get around this workflow issue?

I'm aware that Automation Quick Access provides access to the Virus Part 1, 2, 3, etc. parameters, including CC7/Volume. Yes, I could use the mouse to control volume on the main software instrument track, but it sure would be nicer to see the volume change on the individual MIDI channel/fader.

Is it possible to use the Transformer to assign the External MIDI volume tracks/faders to this part specific CC#7?

Are you wanting to have something like this but for every part on the virus?

537351068_Screenshot2012-02-07at16_11_08.png.93fc4ed948279409b2f56b90fc273a41.png

You can do that with the Virus hardware in Multi Edit, select the part you wish to input the automation for change the automation mode to latch, play the project & turn the volume knob. Change the automation mode back to read once you are done.

So I could use a control surface (Avid/Euphonix Arist series)

Yeah, I see how that would be useful. There might be a way but I haven't figured it out yet, I've tried connecting a monitor to the output of the channel strip to see what it's putting out whilst the volume is being altered but when I've made a fader with the corresponding settings it just doesn't work. I've also tried using SysEx faders in learn mode but it registers nothing.

If you do manage to do it, please post how you did it up here.

If it's any help to you Patch Volume responds to MIDI CC# 91 you could in theory set all the part levels to 127 & create a load of faders in the environment outputting to each channel CC# 91 & adjust the levels of the parts that way.

• 2 months later...

My method..

I'm using a Novation Remote SL0II in Template mode

Set up midi controller to send CC#7 on midi channels 1-16

In Logic go to Controller Assignments and set up a New Zone. Mine is called RemoteSL to Ti Midi. This should keep the setup isolated between Controller and Ti

Use Logic's Learn to map channels 1-16 in Virus Control with your mapped CC#7 1-16 midi controls, this will over ride midi to Logic volume slider

Done...

Guess you could just make another template for pan if needed...