importing a 44.1kHz audio file into a 48k project

Dylan

I just made a recording at CD quality 44.1k but would now like to import it into my 48k logic project to sweeten it with the samples I was using to mock it up

when I import the audio they playback much faster and at a higher pitch

if I lower the project rate to 44.1k the recording plays back fine, but the samples play back at a lower pitch and speed

how can I make it so my recording plays back normal when imported and the samples play back normal too?

• 5 years later...

Hi, 

I just found this 5-year old thread but my problem is about 1 minute old...so I hope this may still be answered. 

I had the identical problem of the user above—I have a project in 48k but needed to import into this project some music recorded at 44.1k. 

From the audio bin, not able to convert the sample rate because the sample rate choice is greyed out. The only think offered to change is the file-type: Apple Lossless, AIFF, etc., nothing more. 

I verified that my project is indeed saved with the box checked next to sample rate conversion during import. 

I'll be grateful for advice—thank you in advance.  

• 1 year later...

I experienced the same issue about 10 mins ago. I am working with Logic Pro X, and was trying to import a loop from SPLICE.

In my previous sessions, importing an audio file from SPLICE was seamless. However, with my session today, it kept saying that my session was 48, while the sample was 44.1.

When I hit "convert audio sample rate," i noticed that the pitch got higher. Couldn't understand why.

After some fooling around, I started a brand new session, and instead of directly dragging + dropping the loop from SPLICE into a blank Logic session, I created an AUDIO track first, and then dragged the loop from SPLICE onto the AUDIO track. This seemed to work.

I hope that this might be a solution for anyone else who is experiencing this problem.

• 1 year later...

Hello forum !

900 years later such issues still seem to exist :P

So, i just got some drum takes from the studio (you know the stack thing) and i dragged and dropped them from the studio's logic project to my project at home. My logic project is in 48k but the audio recorded is 44.1k

Logic didnt ask me to convert and i really cant find any solution on how to fix this, could you please help? I dont know what the audio Bin is, as mentioned before.

Thank you for your help guys !

• 1 year later...
Thanks! this worked. I managed to import a wav file which was at 44.1 kHz into a 48 KHz project, seems fine. Just wondering - since my speakers aren't the best - whether there are any subtle or otherwise changes / damages that happen to the file during this import / conversion. I plan to record guitar parts using my upcoming budget guitar multi fx unit - which uses 44.1 Khz - and then bounce them to wav and then import them into my 48 Khz Logic project. Do you guys think this is a viable long term plan. Or should I consider buying a different unit.