native instument sounds

jmurph2591

how exactly do i go about that?

You can save the patches as plug-in settings (file extension ".aupreset") and save them to Users/your username/Library/Audio/Presets/ and then you'll be able to access them from Logic's Library (withou having to open the plug-in window).

There's a huge database thread here at LPH. Here's a link to a post by forum member TerryRise who kindly provided the presets for Kontakt 5:

https://logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=448049#p448049

Go over the rest of the thread for more 3rd-party plug-in settings.

J.

ok thanks. sorry if these are amateur problems, just trying to learn the program better. so in order to save the instruments, do i do this in the kontakt plug in or in logic? i cant find exactly where it says to save plug-in settings. also do i need to re-type in the extension on all the instruments, because currently they all have the .nki extension i tried just copying the instrument folder into the Users/your username/Library/Audio/Presets/ but when i started logic they did not show up on my soundbank

No need to be sorry. I've re-read your original post...what do you mean by "without having to turn on the plug-in"?.

What I've been talking about is saving the patches or instruments as Logic "Plug-in Settings", so that you can load them straight from Logic's Library without having to open the plug-in window every time you want to change the patch. This doesn't mean, however, that you won't have to load the instrument (Kontakt or whatever) in a software instrument channel strip.

i cant find exactly where it says to save plug-in settings.

1271682586_pmenu.png.b3c28f38de878d8043bee0714dd93299.png

Click the drop-down menu in the plug-in window and choose "Save Setting As". You don't need to do anything with extension, just by saving the setting it'l get the proper extension automatically.

because currently they all have the .nki extension i tried just copying the instrument folder into the Users/your username/Library/Audio/Presets/ but when i started logic they did not show up on my soundbank

Logic can't do anything with those files. They're a Native Instruments propietary format.

Download the files posted by TerryRise and put them in Users/your username/Library/Audio/Presets/.

J.

Great.

If you save your settings as Channel Strips Settings instead you can access those without initiating the plug-in.

Curious...how's the switching from CST to CST in comparison to PST to PST...when involving 3rd party instruments...I wonder if there's any difference in how fast you can switch from one to another....do you now?

J.

Great.

If you save your settings as Channel Strips Settings instead you can access those without initiating the plug-in.

Curious...how's the switching from CST to CST in comparison to PST to PST...when involving 3rd party instruments...I wonder if there's any difference in how fast you can switch from one to another....do you now?

J.

That's a real interesting question?

I guess someone has to try a comparison.

I always use the plug-ins own preset system and for Multi-timbral instruments like Kontakt or Omnisphere the library makes less sense.

I've been using the Channel Strip Preset method since the Library was introduced. The primary advantage, as Eric observed, is that selecting a particular sound is a one-step process.

A secondary advantage is that you can organize your library by instrument category, rather than than on a plugin-by-plugin basis. For example, I have a "staple orchestral percussion" folder with Channel Strip settings for my favorite sounds from Kontakt, Play, Vienna, etc. If I understand the preset system, you have to decide which sample player plugin you're working with first, then select among its presets.

• 6 months later...
how exactly do i go about that?

You can save the patches as plug-in settings (file extension ".aupreset") and save them to Users/your username/Library/Audio/Presets/ and then you'll be able to access them from Logic's Library (withou having to open the plug-in window).

There's a huge database thread here at LPH. Here's a link to a post by forum member TerryRise who kindly provided the presets for Kontakt 5:

https://logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=448049#p448049

Go over the rest of the thread for more 3rd-party plug-in settings.

J.

An important note here for Mac OSX 10.7 and up: the users library does not show up in a Finder window. To access it, instead clicking on File\New Finder Window, click on the Go menu then hold the Option button down and Library will show as a selection under Home on the drop down window. That is the user library Jordito is referring to.

An important note here for Mac OSX 10.7 and up: the users library does not show up in a Finder window. To access it, instead clicking on File\New Finder Window, click on the Go menu then hold the Option button down and Library will show as a selection under Home on the drop down window. That is the user library Jordito is referring to.

Yes, and to leave it visible all the time, just enter the following in Terminal:

chflags nohidden ~/Library

J.