Why Does Logic Keep "System Overloading"

FoolsGold

Keep Getting System overload or Sudden motion Sensor Errors, which freezes playback.

Project has about 70 Tracks, 18 Instruments, All Samplers/Romplers have been bounced down, and running two reverbs on seperate busses.

3/4 of the 18 instrument tracks have been "Freezed" in Green, and about half the audio tracks.

Im running a macbook pro, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, with Latest version of Lion and Logic.

Running a top of the line corsair SSD, which to my knowledge means i shouldnt be getting the Sudden motion sensor alert, considering theres no optical head that can jam?

Maybe Im missing something, im struggling to delete/bounce much more Audio without it hindering my workflow.

Can SOMEONE PLEASE HELP :(

I'm no authority here, but that's quite a project to run off the system drive. Is your FW port available to plug an external drive? Or USB2 7200 drive if your interface is FW. I'd be curious how this project would run on one of these two scenarios. It's not just a question of drive speed when dealing with a laptop- based DAW. Let us know how it goes if you can test this.

Blink

open your system monitor at the bottom of the project window near the transport. Click the CPU display and it should open up and let you see how you are loading the COREs and dick I/O . But as stated, Freezing tracks may offload the CPU but it tasks the disk. I run 10krpm drives. I wouldn't try running that many audio tracks on a 7200 let alone the one that my system is sharing. Also ram can be an issue. Open the OSX system monitor to see how your memory allocation is doing.

Ok, So Generally when i keep an eye on the cores they are pretty even across the board.

I attached a screenshot of the CPU meter when it system overloads.

So in my MAcbook, i have main drive 500Gig solid state running operating system, aswell as all my synths Samplers etc. All my projects are also kept on this drive, Then i have a second Hard Drive inthe optical bay, which is a 7200RPM Hi Speed 750 Gig HD, running all my samples/music library.

The Process Buffer Range is already set on large.

No Other applications are open, and Blue tooth is off.

70 tracks doesnt seem like alot, i really cant cut it down anymore.

897475447_ScreenShot2012-10-08at5_59_27PM.png.5c1d2e59001f831faf1f6ba0d99a2c74.png

That meter shows that the disk load is very low and the CPU load is what is causing the overload message. Reduce the CPU usage by freezing, bouncing, using shared effects sends, reducing the polyphony on instruments etc. Or buy a faster computer. What are the plugin instruments that you are still using?

I dont have the option of 8 processing threads, i only have 2, 4 or automatic.

As i mentioned, i am freezing the majority of my track and bouncing down everything i can, i physically cant bounde down much more before it makes it virtually impossible to work on..... Any other options?

Sorry about the threads thing - thought you had a quad core but you obviously only have dual core. You are basically at the limitations of your CPU power here.

Perhaps you can replace some plugins with less CPU heavy versions or share effects more using sends etc. Maybe you could work with stems (eg. bounce down all the drums to one track)?

What are the plugins that are not frozen?