Region Loop/Resize Tool not displaying correctly [SOLVED]

Pimp Daddy Nash

Hi All,

I hit on this briefly in the Logic 9.1.8 Update Thread, and a few said it should be a separate topic.

Simply, neither of my Macs will show the Loop Length or Region Resize icon when I move the cursor to the top or bottom edge of a Region. The function still works, but is a bit tricky since I don't see the icons and sometimes wind up moving the Region instead of performing either function. I'm curious if anyone else has had this issue and found a solution.

This has been happening since the 9.1.7 update came out. Not sure if the jump from 10.6 to 10.7 was also the culprit. Here's the kicker - I have this issue on BOTH my Macs, a 2.4 quad i7 MBP (updated from 10.6 to 10.8, and a 2.8 8-core Mac Pro that has a clean install of 10.8 and Apps on a new drive when Mountain Lion came out).

I have done the usual Mac maintenance (Repair Permissions, trashed Prefs), and have done a Logic Reset (Initialize All except Key Commands). Changing Tools doesn't help, Full Screen Mode changes nothing, as does using a built-in Template over my own...

Any clues? I'm about out of ideas here!