Controlling RME fireface 400 from logic

Onkel-T

Hi everybody ! :D

This is my first post here.

I would like to have one (any) key on the computorkeyboard to send G2 or A2 every other time i strike it.

That would toggle my rme fireface between preset 2 and 4. This is practical for recording vocals (only headphones) or just

listening and editing with monitors .

Does anybody know how to do it ?

My current two problems are:

1. I haven´t found a way to get a key-command to send midi data.

Right now I have two miditracks (with A2 or G2 recorded ) wich I mute after my needs.

2. I´ve heard that you can send internal midi through IAC-bus (gonna try) .

Right now I have the midi-cable connected between out and in.

Help appriciated

You could use the Caps Lock keyboard for this.

I've attached a project where the Caps Lock keyboard is processed by a macro (a bunch of other objects). The macro expects to receive G2 from the Caps Lock keyboard. Whenever you press the G key on your computer keyboard, it will toggle between G2 and A2 (note off's, actually) as long as the Caps Lock keyboard is in the appropriate octave. These messages then go out an IAC bus though an Instrument object.

When you open the project make sure the connections are right (there's also an IAC Dead End object that prevents these messages from going back into Logic again, though being a couple of note off's they wouldn't cause much harm). You'll probably get a dialog saying that the IAC port was not found or whatever, this is because I've renamed my IAC port to "IAC Bus 1" in Audio MIDI Setup. All you need to do is click the "To IAC 1" Instrument object, go to its inspector and change the port to a working IAC port in your system.

The MIDI Input in your fireface mixer should be set to the same IAC port.

454232103_FF400presettoggle.png.0f185d3a16ed77f941fc826bd428956c.png

J.

FF400 SWITCH.zip

Thank´s very much . I didn´t know that the caps lock keyboard could be used in that way .

I´ll try to see if I can get this to work .

I just found something called record lamp in the controll surface meny. It made it possible to switch preset when I hit the record-knob.

But this caps lock keyboard idea must now be explored. I don´t really understand how you made it show up in the physical input object though ?

Here's an updated version. I've ditched the IAC dead end 'cause I really think those two note-off's aren't going to wreak any havoc when going back into Logic through the sequencer input.

I've also added an On/Off button (in case you want to use the caps lock keyboard for something else) and also put the macro in its own layer:

FF400SWITCH.png.2659161463fb3b56ecf7004fe971c33b.png

J.

FF400 SWITCH.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a new version:

2136690722_FF400PresetToggle.png.669174e0f6006ccd22b99a7abe49b8ff.png

As you can see, this one lets you choose which presets you want to toggle between. It also includes some "LED's" to show you which preset is being recalled.

I've also ditched the Macro in case some one needs to change the MIDI output port to something else.

Hopefully someone finds this useful.

J.

FF400 Preset Toggle.zip

Here's a new version:

[attachment=1]FF400 Preset Toggle.png[/attachment]

As you can see, this one lets you choose which presets you want to toggle between. It also includes some "LED's" to show you which preset is being recalled.

I've also ditched the Macro in case some one needs to change the MIDI output port to something else.

Hopefully someone finds this useful.

J.

Nice! Thanks for sharing this one J! :D