Strange Behavior when loading a User Patch

PandaRiot

Here's what I'm doing in Logic Pro X

Created 2 instrument tracks and sent them to a summing stack.

So basically, I have one Aux Track and the 2 instrument tracks routed to it. There are no sends on either the Aux or the instrument tracks.

Went to to Library and saved it as a user patch.

The problem is that when I load this user patch again it, by default, is adding 2 post fader sends on 1 of the 2 instruments.

I tried this a couple of times with different combinations of software instruments and it always seems to be adding these generic buses to some unwanted reverbs.

Any way around this?

Weird, the Factory Patches like "Grand Piano and Strings," are by default, adding sends and buses when loaded, but I'm just not getting why its doing it to custom patches.

No matter what I do, after the Patch is loaded I end up with extra busses with some reverbs on them. These are for sure not something that I've added. :(

Can you confirm that the Factory patches are adding sends and buses on your end?

I'm just not getting why its doing it to custom patches.

No matter what I do, after the Patch is loaded I end up with extra busses with some reverbs on them. These are for sure not something that I've added. :(

Same here. This is some sort of a default action by Logic.

I think it's coming from Electric Piano which Logic assigns automatically to any new software track.

The solution is to reset the Channel Strip Settings before loading your instrument or just prepare a good template :lol:

If there was a way to disable that "Electric Piano", that would be perfect. Just give me an empty MIDI track.

I was working with a custom template.

I had already changed the default "new instrument" to load a empty channel strip (no efx, no instrument, no sends)

So I can confirm that when starting a new project via my template all I have is the standard PreListen/Click/Output/Master.

Still no matter what combination I try, the user patches are loading these 2 buses!

I suppose there is some default for User Patches (factory and user) but I don't see anywhere to modify these

Yes I have the same issue and its driving me bonkers. Spent hours yesterday customising a template and creating user patches complete with smart controls, and a default patch etc, only for 2 new Auxes containing space designer keep popping up and bugging the hell out of me. I thought the 'patch merger' option would solve it...so I deselected busses...but it made no difference.

At one point I got it working so that an empty patch was completely empty, but then they started appearing again. I do not know whether this was down to something I had done ... or a random bug.

What also confuses me is that if you go into the settings menu of a 'summed-stack' track, the setting menu contains more items including a 'user patches' menu (great!). But if you go in to the settings menu on a 'normal' track then there is no user patches menu. Personally I hate the library browser and would way rather access the user patches from the settings menu. Why the inconsistency? Why is the user patches folder there one moment and not the next?

I think i solved this at last. As SergeOrlov said - You have to reset the channel strip first, before building your new one. But the key point is that you do literally HAVE to go to the "reset channel strip" option first - It's not enough to remove the busses and the synth manually, which is what i was originally doing. This seems to 'clear out' the memory properly. I think this is a bug , but at least there is workaround.

Would still love to know the answer to the inconsistent settings menu though.... or maybe i should start a new thread for that.