EQ Plugin with "note readout +"?

I've been looking for an EQ Plugin that will display the "note name" as well as freq whenever I hover the mouse pointer over a point on the spectrum.

Voxengo's GlissEQ does exactly that. Also, DMG Audio's Equilibrium has a built-in keyboard that allows you to display a band's pitch, and also set the band by pitch.

J.

Thanks guys!

Gliss looks like the one for me!

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys!

Gliss looks like the one for me!

Hi,

Just came across this thread and wanted to add to the recommendations. SoundRadix, they of the life-saving (to me, anyway) 32Lives 32-bit plugin accessor for Logic Pro X, offer a pretty rad looking eq called Surfer EQ which seems to do what you require. I like to have quick access to the same info and keep a homemade frequency to notename chart on my studio wall. However, this seems an easier solution:

http://www.soundradix.com/products/surfer-eq

I'm a fan of Voxengo by all means but I try and spread the love to other developers as much as possible. Hope this helps. :-)

Russell

The surfer EQ not only gives you the note names, but it actually does a lot more, it follows the melody and when you EQ one note or one frequency area, it knows the fundamental frequency and harmonics and can follow your melody and EQ automatically other notes as well in relation to what you did with the first one. I think. I haven't tried it myself yet, but I checked out the video and it almost seems like it's too good to be true. :)

Surfer EQ is indeed a very unique tool! I personally can't bring myself to use it, but can acknowledge its uniqueness.

So is Voxengo Gliss EQ. I use it as a De-esser all the time, it works better than de-essers! It has a very unique dynamic feature and its in my opinion a great value for a track EQ.

I like digital EQs that don't pretend to be analog counterparts (because they never are) and embrace the ones that actually allow you to do things that analog counterparts WONT.