Where do i put presets for 3rd party plugins??

Can anyone give me a clear description of where to put extra banks and presets i might have for 3rd party plugins! It seems quite confusing and actually much more defficult to follow than when i was using Logioc on a pc. (On there it was Plugin Settings / Name of Plugin and there they were. On the mac it seems to be much harder to know where they all go and at also doesn't seem as though its the same location of where saved presets and presets created by me are stored??

Who can help????

don't the installers put the presets where the developers want them to go??

for me, sylenth1 presets were put in a "Sylenth1" folder, in a "Lennar Digital" folder, in user preferences. since the user library is hidden by default, i made an alias to the S1 soundset folder and put that in my Music folder...easy access.

most user presets also wind up in the user library: check that folder, then here: Audio>Presets

hold the Option key while clicking in the Finder, in the "Go Menu" at the top and "Library" will pop up.

there is a similar folder with developer presets in HD>Library>Audio>Presets.

a mess? absolutely. but if you think this is bad, you should see how NI puts files and folders everywhere...

a mess? absolutely. but if you think this is bad, you should see how NI puts files and folders everywhere...

To call the situation a mess is an understatement. And yes, NI is one of the worst. It is mind boggling what kind of crap they come up with when it comes to file management. On top of that, they are from Germany (and so do I), they should know better how to organize, being efficient and keep everything neat.

The problem seems to be that every company thinks their customer uses only one product, of course theirs. If you have a nice collection (Spectrasonics, Play, Vienna, NI, etc), then you can give up making music because you have a full time job managing the content. And by the way, you have to take up another job managing and troubleshooting their copy protection schemes.

I refuse to use any built in save/open preset mechanisms from a plugin and rely on Logics Plug-in preset and Channel Strip preset which works pretty well once you understand the difference between AU vs Logic Plugin and Plugin vs ChannelStrip on top of System vs User.

I remember when Omnisphere came out and it didn't support Logics presets at the beginning. I had several talks with Spectrasonics customer support and they couldn't understand why I'm not using their save/open preset system and rely on Logic's. They couldn't understand why I didn't want to learn, manage and understand another database just for their plugins regardless if it gives me one additional search criteria.

I refuse to use any built in save/open preset mechanisms from a plugin and rely on Logics Plug-in preset and Channel Strip preset which works pretty well .

Exception from my experience: Albino 3.1.7 crashes when browsing through its Logics Plugin presets. Sometimes immediately with the first change, sometimes after 5 or 10, but it will happen. Using Albino's own presets now, it has never crashed.

507672648_pic2012-12-15at12_17_12.PNG.9c0f17d50b0a9e22362cf44c074f965a.PNG