Hardware/Software Controllers and Logic

... continued from: viewtopic.php?p=475340#p475340

I own the 828 Hybrid myself and am THRILLED when I upgrade my system I'll have no problems with drivers. I see you run the ultralites. Heck of a piece of hardware! Just out of curiousness what kind of controller do you use? You have the A-90ex I see which is a tough piece of kit, so I'm wondering if you found a way to make that integrate with Logic nicely, seeing as that thing's been around for what a decade and change? Nothing like some analogue synth though. I've had trouble getting my Alesis Micron to play nicely with logic. Wondering how you went about that.

Cheers!

I use the A-90 and then as a controller I use mainly Touch OSC on the iPad... Does everything I need it to do... I also am playing with Lemur too.. but so far, haven't really got to grips with it, unlike OSC which i now use on a daily basis..

The only hardware controller I have, other than my trusty old Tranzport.. which is permanently affixed (with large amounts of double sided sticky tape!) to the top of my A-90... is Maschine and honestly, while it's very good, used with it's own software.. I find it's less useful with Logic compared to the good old iPad and the various software controllers I can use on it..

You couldn't be more accurate. When mixing and the likes, the iPad and Logic talk so well with each other and there is a little if any delay with TouchOSC and the other programs. I hear great things about Lemur but I hear you really have to sit and work at it to get it as the customization options are pretty much infinite. Truth be told I was hesitant to use all the iPad stuff at first, but man what a surprise. I too have Maschine, but I agree I use it more for just drums and putting some ideas together.

Reason I ask is because I see your running ML and I'm soon upgrading to a Mac Mini and ML and I am trying to figure out which hardware controller to get not necessarily for mixing, but a keyboard. Since M Audio seems to have crapped the bed, I won't be using the simple keyrig for my MIDI. Also it would be nice to maybe have a few knobs. I know this topic has been touched on a million times on these forums and it comes down to preference but it seems the Lion is getting in the way of a lot of hardware right now, not just our pals at M Audio.