Broadcasting uncompressed audio from Logic Pro

if you trying to record audio of logics output,use some software to record any sound coming from any software, i dont know is it ok to tell witch software you can use...?

Just to clarify, I'm looking to broadcast the audio from Logic uncompressed, so that my partner can stream in real time, uncompressed.

An example:

I'm composing a beat. And my partner asks me to replace a certain sound, I can simply change the sound and playback for my partner to hear immediately via stream. Instead of Bouncing the new track and then uploading it through email or file sharing program, which is very tedious and time consuming.

Thank you

For uncompressed audio, set up a VPN and use AUNetSend/AUNetReceive plugins to stream. However, it is very unlikely this will work unless you both have an extremely good internet connections, and the buffer size you will need to overcome any less-than-ideal network conditions will give you a lot of latency.

Try using Skype or iChat or whatever they're calling it these days. You can create an aggregate device (Apogee Duet + Soundflower) to route the audio from Logic to Skype. This means that Skype can't use your microphone directly - so you can speak to your partner, connect a microphone to the duet and use an aux object to route it to the soundflower outputs. Or you could aggregate in the Built-In Microphone device.

Of course that solution means uncompressed audio, but I think that's the only way you're going to get this working anywhere close to how you want it.

For uncompressed audio, set up a VPN and use AUNetSend/AUNetReceive plugins to stream. However, it is very unlikely this will work unless you both have an extremely good internet connections, and the buffer size you will need to overcome any less-than-ideal network conditions will give you a lot of latency.

This sounds like an attractive option thank you. So assuming we both have great Internet speeds (45 Mbps download, 4Mbps upload) and fairly simple network setups then this should work?

As a side note, latency should be a non-issue as there will be no recording between the two computers.

CD-quality uncompressed audio (16bit/44.1kHz) has a bandwidth of about 1.5Mb/s, so even adding in protocol overhead the specs of your connections are within tolerance.

Of course that only *suggests* that your connections won't be the bottleneck - things being what they are out there on the internet, any number of conditions might mess up the smooth flow of audio.

In addition to uncompressed PCM, the AUNetSend plugin also supports the Apple Lossless codec, which would use much less network bandwidth, lower the latency and give you the same (audio) result.

The best thing to do is to try it out of course! Please let us know how you get on!

Just another thought that comes to mind - If your router hardware will support it, you could run an alternative router firmware like TomatoVPN or dd-wrt.

There are several features of these firmwares which will help you:

- VPN server (so you don't have to run one on your Mac)

- dynamic DNS client

- A decent QoS (Quality Of Service) system which you can use to prioritize the traffic containing the audio (by port number or destination IP)