Tracks from the forthcoming album UPDATED Nov 27 2012

n6smith

Hi all,

Here are some of the new tracks from my forthcoming album "There is Logic in my Madness too"

New Track - Machine: The Genesis Mix was created using Logic, Diva and the wonderful arpeggiator AU Plugin Kirnu along with some drum samples played in Logic as well as Steven Slate Drums and Guitar Rig 5. The original version was performed on the Korg Oasys but this version was recreated to reflect my new software plugins only rig... in the style of an early 80's Genesis track.. with a "Los Endos' style finale..

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/the-art-of-sound-1/machine-the-genesis-mix[/soundcloud]

This track, Diva's Lament, was created entirely using Diva and was recorded live into Logic with minimal post processing... Just the sound of Diva and nothing else.. It's such a great plugin I had to write a track just using it....

Any thoughts, comments or critiques, good or bad.... are welcome as always..

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/the-art-of-sound-1/divas-lament[/soundcloud]

Edited by n6smith

Well, I am 4:00 mins into the track and I can guarantee I will most certainly listen to this to the end. This may not be to everyone's tastes, but it is right up my street. I love the minimalist style, the chord progressions, the repetitive Maj 3rd layer, the new sounds coming in after 4:00 - and especially the wonderful Diva sounds.

It really is a smashing soft synth eh! and this track is really lovely.

Thank you for your kind comments...

I have always felt that "The Art Of Sound" side of my musical output.. was an 'acquired taste'.. but I do tend to enjoy the simplicity of most examples of this particular form of my work.. both during the creation and the playback later.. and i can only hope that a few others out there, would enjoy it too..

......and yes, gotta love that Diva plugin.. Couldn't work without it these days i must admit!

Again, my thanks for your feedback.. It is truly and warmly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

Here is one of the new tracks from my forthcoming album "There is Logic in my Madness too"

This track was created entirely using Diva and was recorded live into Logic with minimal post processing... Just the sound of Diva and nothing else.. It's such a great plugin I had to write a track just using it....

Any thoughts, comments or critiques, good or bad.... are welcome as always..

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/the-art-of-sound-1/divas-lament[/soundcloud]

Very nice! Well balanced and appeasing! Like it a lot!

That is definitely an excellent flag for the Diva plugin!