Round Robin setup for Exs24

Headrc

I am having problems setting up a Round Robin Exs24 patch in Mainstage. The odd thing is that I created a concert on my Mac Pro that does what i want to do. I then copied the concert and transferred it to my Macbook Pro to use in a live setup. All the same samples etc are on the Macbook Pro. However, when I open the concert in Mainstage I get an error message that the the specific Exs24 instrument that I created cannot be found as well as "Instrument #1769" which I have no idea what that is. I did copy and transfer the Ex24 instrument patch to the Macbook Pro as well. All the other settings for the concert come up fine. After too much time trying to get it to happen I decided just to recreate the patch on the Macbook Pro. However when I do …the Round Robin implementation does not happen. Basically I want to trigger different samples under a particular midi note each time it is played using the Round Robin idea. This worked on the Mac Pro ….I can't get it to work on the Macbook Pro. Unless I am missing something. I am using Mainstage 2.2.2 and the Macbook Pro is on OSX 10.7.5 with a 2.2 Ghz I7. The operating system on the Mac Pro is 10.6 …so backwards compatibility should no be a problem to my knowledge. Attached are a couple of screen shots of me trying to start form scratch on the Macbook Pro. Help would be greatly appreciated … I must have something set up wrong. Thanks RH

1834111261_Exs24problem.jpg.8d7fa3d71e7823f4319033e0346c2e18.jpg

1229649236_RoundRobinsetup.thumb.jpg.c5aec5562bd3ef2a44f22f7a4d885f59.jpg

1094607252_RoundRobinsetup2.thumb.jpg.bd41edbc9524d085f70cc538695fcf48.jpg

About the round robin.

Leave the first group assignment to ---

Set the second group assignment to Group 1

Your other issues with EXS are probably due to a misunderstanding in how EXS works but I'm not sure.

Did you save or export the Instrument and samples from the editor menu? You need these files to fully load an EXS instrument.

Hi ..thanks for the response. Yes that fixed my Round Robin problem. Cool. Regarding the exporting ..yes I did save the instrument from the editor menu. I did not export from there though. I found the file in my Logic folder and coped that to my MacBook Pro. Since I could not seem to resolve this issue …I have just gone ahead and rebuilt this instrument on the Macbook Pro.